Author Topic: SuperConsole 1000: Auto forward calls to extension or external number?  (Read 11120 times)

Offline Total Legend

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I'm trying to find an option to set our SuperConsole 1000 to automatically forward incoming calls to either an internal extension, or an external number. I have a copy of its User Guide, but there's nothing in there about being able to set the console itself to forward to another number. (Just instructions on setting another phone's forwarding from the console).

I should probably ask first, do you know if this is even possible on this console?

Going through all the Function options, there's absolutely nothing about setting call forwarding, only clearing it.

Thanks for any feedback!

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SuperConsole 1000: Auto forward calls to extension or external number?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 07:26:45 AM »
Are you trying to forward all calls to the console to another location? Just specific DIDs? I would suggest using call rerouting and different Day/Night1/Night2 settings.

I am assuming that you want to do this conditionally not permanently. 

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:17 AM »
You can't forward calls from the console in the manner you describe.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
As Mattmayn suggest, the only way to possible do this is to use call rerouting in Night Mode 1 or 2.   You have to do each key separately.  If you forwarding externally you need to reroute to a system speed call.

Ralph

Offline Total Legend

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:56:11 PM »
I wanted calls made to the console to forward to any other phone number, even externally; and not to another console. The same as I would do on a Mitel 4025 by setting a Call Forward number and easily turning it off or no. When I inherited this phone system, I completely forgot about that console and now it's come to haunt me. :(

I believe I can reroute Night Mode 2, as I talked to the receptionist and she only ever sets the console to Night 1 when things close. Question is, where do I find the Night Modes in the ICP 3300? It's pretty old, and many of the tips I found on trying to find the right forms often don't work.

Thanks again for all the replies!

-- Edit:

I found the "Call Rerouting Assignment" form, it looks like I can set the Night 1/2 there. The question I have now is: Will the setting Night mode on the Console also set it for the entire phone system (so that all phones go to Night mode)? I really only want the Console to enter this mode as this is only a temporary thing (about 1 hour during the day).

In that form, I noticed that all phones have "1" set on Night 1/2, and I'm assuming that if the console does set all phones to Night mode, that the other phones will just remain as they are, because "1" under "Call Rerouting Always Alternative" is set to "No Reroute". This is just my guess.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:16:10 PM by Total Legend »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 01:53:37 PM »
In that form, I noticed that all phones have "1" set on Night 1/2, and I'm assuming that if the console does set all phones to Night mode, that the other phones will just remain as they are, because "1" under "Call Rerouting Always Alternative" is set to "No Reroute". This is just my guess.

That is correct.  D/N1/N2 gives you control over the forwarding of the phones.  Typically a 1 indicates no forwarding.

There are other things that N1/N2 apply to:
 - It will change is where analog trunks ring to.  Check your Trunk Attributes form for those settings.
 - It can also change COS and COR for devices.  Check the Station Attributes form for those settings.

Ralph

Offline Total Legend

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »

That is correct.  D/N1/N2 gives you control over the forwarding of the phones.  Typically a 1 indicates no forwarding.

There are other things that N1/N2 apply to:
 - It will change is where analog trunks ring to.  Check your Trunk Attributes form for those settings.
 - It can also change COS and COR for devices.  Check the Station Attributes form for those settings.

Ralph

Thank you and everyone else for the help. This actually worked and I got what I needed to get done.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10