Author Topic: If you know the extension number of the person you are calling key in the number  (Read 3341 times)

Offline seatea63

• View Profile
I'm reasonably new to the Mitel ICP 3300 setup and am trying to sort out an issue where a call arrives at the PABX and is not one of the options on the RAD.  However there isn't an option to key in the extension number of the person you are calling if known.  How easy is it to set this up and does anyone have any guidance on how to do this?

Many thanks

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Are you trying to make a call go to the Auto Attendant? If you point a number (either via speed call or call rerouting) that doesn't have a mailbox to the pilot number of the VM hunt group then the main greeting will answer and then you would have that ability.

I assume this is a different trunk/DID than the ones that seem to be working?

If you give us a little more detail we can help you out a little more if you need it.

Offline seatea63

• View Profile
First thanks for the reply.

When the main number is dialled it goes to the AutoAttendant and there are 9 options.  The first 8 options are directed at extension numbers and the last one is an option to hear the message again.

Should one of these be directed to another service to allow for entering an extension number if known, if so how is it done.  You lost me when you started talking about pilot numbers, not heard that term before.   All I'm wanting to do is for anyone dialling in to the main number that does not have a DDI for the recipient of the call can use their extension number upon request.  Hope that makes sense

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
Do you use the Nupoint Voicemail system, or the embedded voicemail on the Mitel 3300?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This sounds like it is a Nupoint, because I don't think you can disable the dial by name directory option in the embedded. If so, you will need to have your call flow changed to allow this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10