Author Topic: Calls for one extension being directed to general voicemail system  (Read 2634 times)

Offline MissingHair

• View Profile
Calls for one extension being directed to general voicemail system
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »
I am having a very interesting error that I cannot seem to get to the bottom of and it is driving me nuts hopefully one of you can shed some light on this for me.

We have a 5000, and one of our users used to have two separate extensions one was SIP vs 1 traditional phone and they requested the secondary extension be removed.  When we did this is broke his voice processing and he did not receive any voice mails period, I was able to restore some functionality but when people dial the extension after a certain number of rings it just dumps them out into the general voice mail processing system.  Welcome to the voicemail system yadda yadda, they can still dial to his box directly at this point but I would like it to automatically associate like it should be.

I have checked the obvious settings he has the right mailbox association within the devices and feature codes part of the tree, and I have mirrored most of the options against a mailbox I know to be working normally but to no avail.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
  Sean

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Calls for one extension being directed to general voicemail system
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »
What does the station forward path look like?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:55:24 AM »
Is there a mailbox that matches his extension, or was his mailbox associated with his SIP ext perhaps?  What you describe is usually a symptom of calls forwarding to VM but not having a mailbox.
Or did his ext have a custom forwarding path to the SIP mailbox?

Offline MissingHair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »
Yes the mailbox is there and matches his extension, also the one that was removed was SIP.  He is left with the hard line, before everything was removed it was working the way it should have.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »
Easy test: invoke manual fwd (feature code 355) to the VM pilot, call the phone.  Does it work right?  If so, problem is in SYS FWD scenario somewhere.  I would start by looking at the SYS FWD path for his extension...Does it have only one destination, and is that Voice Mail? 

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »
It sounds like the voicemail box isn't actually associated to the deskpohne, even though it has the same number??

Easiest fix for this is to delete the VM box and re-create it as an associated mailbox.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10