Author Topic: Fusion voice Recorder VOIP  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fusion voice Recorder VOIP
« on: September 27, 2013, 09:06:10 AM »
Has anyone ever used a Fusion Voice Recorder VOIP? It is some sort of SIP dictation solution one of my customers is looking at. They have 3300s and are looking to upgrade their dictation solution and want to make sure it will work with their phone system. I haven't been able to find much info on the solution and am waiting on a rep to contact me about it. Just thought I would check to see if any of you folks had any experience with them.

I assume that I will need a SRC if this thing is supposed to just magically find calls and record them. I am hoping that it is more like a VM system and you call a pilot number and it connects via SIP trunks.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Fusion voice Recorder VOIP
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »
No experience with that model but typically dictation systems are you call a number that reaches a dictation system and you then speak. You are not really recording the set as you would with a NICE or Oaisy or Verinet recorder. We are about to do the same thing with a Nuance dicatation system. We are programming up SIP trunks to their system. We the will setup ARS to those trunks and when someone wants to dictate they will call a number and then will be routed across the SIP trunks to the dictation system. Audio should then be recorded instead of RTP packets. Least I hope that it works that way because we have no SRC planned.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »
Lou,

That is what the rep told me should happen. He wasn't exactly informed on how PBXs or SIP worked, but it was enough for me to ask the right answers.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »
Then as long as they follow the SIP protocol it should work. Since that manufacturer is not in the Coe it might take some work to get the SIP trunks working.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10