Author Topic: Call forwards getting sent back to the operator after 3 minutes  (Read 1401 times)

Offline bstrain74

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call forwards getting sent back to the operator after 3 minutes
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:23:44 AM »
I have a Mitel 5000 series phone system here. It has some older version 3 software on it, that's all I know. Some users have calls forwarded to their cell phones when they are out. They complain that after about 3 minutes on a forwarded call, my reception phone will ring, and the receptionist will pickup, right in the middle of their call! Happens all the time, right after about 3 minutes. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Call forwards getting sent back to the operator after 3 minutes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:34:25 AM »
That's a system timer, UNSUPERVISED CO.  Default is actually 5 minutes, but can be adjusted anywhere up to 255 minutes...set it somewhere you'll be comfortable with.  It's a holdover from the old days when supervision was less reliable and a call could get "stuck" and also long distance was twenty cents a minute.

By the way, something your user didn't realize was that before the call recalls to the attendant it gives a warning beep.  Pressing any DTMF key at that point restarts the timer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10