Author Topic: is it possible? One Phone, two outgoing numbers switched using feature key.  (Read 2176 times)

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi all,

is it possible to setup a 5312 IP phone with a feature key to specify which outgoing number is used when calling externally?  I have a sales person who will need to use two different external numbers and although I could setup two phones both displaying the unique external number when dialling out, it would be nice if they could have one phone and just use a speed dial or configured feature key.

ie pressing feature key 1 dials from line one and comes from 01xxx 654321 and pressing feature key 2 two dials from 01xxx 123456 so when the client calls back they call on the correct number.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Sam

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Copper or ISDN/PRI? If copper it's simple, put a Trunk Group key on the phone... if it's a PRI and you are sending outbound caller ID it is a little more complex, you will need to break up the trunks into groups and access them differently AND manually force the outbound caller ID at the trunk group level, problem is that anyone accessing that trunk group will send that outbound call ID. SIP would be similar to ISDN but you might need to make a second SIP trunk group.

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks for all your help acejavelin, its an ISDN but from the sounds of your description, I think i'll stick with a two phone solution for the time being.  Again thanks for the quick response.  It makes a huge difference.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Easy solution, I've done it many times.  Use one or more pairs of the built-in SL and LS ports, connect them together (LS to SL).  Program the SL station to send the desired number CALLING PARTY NUMBER and set it as a HOUSE PHONE to dial 92000 (ARS). Put a button on his phone to represent that trunk or trunk group.  Now when he pushes the button he hits the trunk, which draws dial tone from the SL extension, which immediately accesses ARS.  He hears dial tone and dials his number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10