Author Topic: Mitel 5312 IP Phone Programmable Key changes  (Read 3969 times)

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5312 IP Phone Programmable Key changes
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:05:30 AM »
Hi All,

I am setting up some phones and I am currently looking at the programmable key configs.  In the DB programming tool I can see that there are some already setup but they dont seem to match the buttons on the phone.  In addition, when I change an unassigned key, I dont see the change in the DB Programming tool.  Is this normal behaviour? 

I also read somewhere that the numbering on these phones is counted from bottom to top, ie number one is at the bottom at so on upwards, but this doesnt seem to ring true either, or I'm not looking at things correctly.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5312 IP Phone Programmable Key changes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »
The keys on the phone can be a little confusing to the beginner... But most of them come from the Keymap assigned to the extension, and if you change the Keymap you will change the keys for every phone in the system assigned with that Keymap.

Go to a phone in programming and look at the Keymap, you will see a Standard or Primary (depending on software version) and Alternate assignment, double click the primary value and it will take you the programming for the keymap section. You can also look in Station Related Information or Endpoint Related Information (again, system version dependent) and find Keymaps and you can see what phones are assigned to what map and make adjustments accordingly.

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 08:40:50 AM »
Acejavelin, thanks for the prompt reply, does that mean that if I want to change the mappings on a small group of phones I would have to either change them individually in the DB programming tool or create a new group for those phones?  Also, I still dont know why I'm not seeing the changes I make on the phone reflected in the DB programming tool next to each phone individually.  Finally, do you know how the numbering works for the programmable keys? as it doesnt seem to tally and as I cant see the changes I make I cant be sure what number I am able to use / is being used.

Hope all of this makes sense.

Thanks

Sam

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 09:38:42 AM »
Acejavelin, thanks for the prompt reply, does that mean that if I want to change the mappings on a small group of phones I would have to either change them individually in the DB programming tool or create a new group for those phones?  Also, I still dont know why I'm not seeing the changes I make on the phone reflected in the DB programming tool next to each phone individually.  Finally, do you know how the numbering works for the programmable keys? as it doesnt seem to tally and as I cant see the changes I make I cant be sure what number I am able to use / is being used.

Hope all of this makes sense.

Thanks

Sam
Yes, if you want to change a small group of phones, you make a new keymap for those phones.

By the changes you make on phones "individually" I am assuming you mean the programmable keys for each phone? Then to get those on a particular set you have to program those programmable keys in the keymap, meaning if you want User Programmable Key #2 to be on a particular button on the phone, you assign that button as User Programmable Key #2. The list of programmable keys on each extension is just that... a list, to use them you have to assign them in the keymap.

The other option if you just want to change one button a small group of phones, you can assign that key as an unused Programmable key in the template, then go to those extensions and change the programmable key to the feature you want on the set level. Note that if they do a Default Keys FAC, then the change will be reverted to the keymap defaults.

When you create a keymap and assign it to a phone, and if it already has programmable keys defined, the system will prompt you if it should replace the existing user key programming or set it to the keymap default.

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
acejavelin, thanks again for all your help.  It seems that for me to see any changes i make on the phone to appear in the programmable keys section I have to close and open the DB programming tool (unless anyone knows of a way of refreshing other than F5 which doesnt seem to work).  Regarding the new group.  If I get brave I might do this but as I have only a few minor changes and there are only a few phones I may just make the changes through the DB tool.  At least I now know how to make sure the changes have applied.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10