Author Topic: Cant' hot desk to TW phone other then from a user on the same node  (Read 5566 times)

meveland

If you try to hot desk (login) to a TW phone off of node "A", from a node other then "A", the phone display changes to "Press the hold key to register ENTER PIN....".  At this point the phone becomes a paper weight...  The only way to clear it is to reboot the system.  Has anyone run into this ???   Mitel is checking into this as I write.....

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Cant' hot desk to TW phone other then from a user on the same node
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
I suspect that the phone is trying to register to a 3300 controller that doesn't know about it.  For grinn, program the same extn up in both controllers and try it again.

At this point the phone becomes a paper weight...  The only way to clear it is to reboot the system. 
Are you talking about the TW or the 3300?

Ralph

meveland

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
This is a clustered network, with 3 nodes. The Teleworker is at node A.  If you try to hot desk into the Teleworker phone from nodes B or C, the phone displays, "Enter you PIN.....", and no matter what you enter, the display doesn't change.  Hot desking from one node to another works fine on the desk phones, but not on a Teleworker phone.

DPGumby

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »
interesting.

Do you have one teleworker server for all elements?

meveland

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
Yes.  Interesting, I just received an update from Mitel stating that they were able to get this to work in the lab.  They specified that the Teleworker phone had to have the same firmware as the phones on the remote cluster.  I'll need to upgrade the Teleworker since these phone are on 1.2.0.28 and the others are 1.2.1.8.  Hopefully thats the answer.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:56:38 AM »
  Did standardizing on firmware solve the issue for you?  Mitel released article # 08-5104-00047 that describes what you explained and I was curious if it solved your problem.

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10