Author Topic: CRA timeout: too quick  (Read 2807 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
CRA timeout: too quick
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »
Hi,

Using Mitel 5000, software 5.0

I have created some Call Routing Announcements under Voice Processor > Devices > Applications. I have set digit translations for transferring to mailboxes etc. Under 'timeout' I originally had this set to 'hang up', but the problem with that was as soon as the recorded message ended the line would abruptly hang up. It would be nice if this could be set to 5 or so seconds, to allow the caller a chance to think, reach and press a key.

I looked under Voice Processor > Timers & Limits, but couldn't see anything obvious relating to timeout.

Is this configurable?

Thanks in advance.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CRA timeout: too quick
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »
If you look at the list of Audiotex recordings at the end you should see L for Long Pause (10 seconds) I for Intermediate Pause (5 seconds) and S for Short Pause (1 second).

Add one of these Audiotex recordings to your CRA's greeting, after the Audiotex recording for the actual CRA, and it will wait the requested amount of time before hanging up.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:15:48 PM »
You can use multiples of these pauses to get the desired delay. I normally use 3 seconds.

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 04:41:49 AM »
Thanks to bluewhite4 and DND ON for the perfect advice. It took a bit of finding, but I eventually added an I for Intermediate (5 seconds) to Voice Processing > Devices > Applications > [ApplicationNumber] > Day Greeting > "Add to Day Greetings List".

Great forum by the way, more knowledgeable and quicker help than our service provider!

I have another question, but will post that separately.

Thanks again.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 12:43:28 PM »
Remember that you can also repeat the original announcement.  I often play announcement X, two short pauses, play announcement again, two more short.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10