Author Topic: High CPU usage  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Phonecop

• View Profile
High CPU usage
« on: July 19, 2013, 12:00:35 PM »
I have a customer running a 5000 HX 5.1 SP2 PR4 with approx 100 digital, 130 IP user, about 25 analog devices, a PRI and 8 ports of Unified Voice Messaging. We recently installed a second Processor to address the high call volume, but we still see spikes in CPU usage (in the status monitoring tool) that hit at or near 100% on a pretty regular basis. The application bar usually shows the most traffic. Is this tool giving a fair representation of both CPUs, and how reliable is this information. I have viewed usage in the past using the putty GUI with a Mitel rep, and I understand that it is a better tool, but I have a user that is fixated on this. They have had some QOS related voice quality issues, but we believe those have been addressed with some recent router and RTP changes.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: High CPU usage
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »
This is a known issue in SP2, among other things like VM lockups, you need to upgrade them to 5.1 SP4. If they have software assurance I would take them directly to release 6.0.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »
Have you only just installed the PEC-1 card, for that size system I would have thought you would be using a PS-1 to handle the processing.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
Have you only just installed the PEC-1 card, for that size system I would have thought you would be using a PS-1 to handle the processing.
Ouch... Good catch NTEDave, I didn't even really think of the phone counts here... Ran this through the configurator tool and made some basic assumptions, but Phonecop, your system is severely under-powered for it's configuration, in fact, Mitel does not consider your configuration a valid one (ie. it is not a supported configuration).

Even if I moved the options to Low Traffic Volume (<100 calls per hour) and Low Concurrent IC calls, the base chassis plus a PEC-1 are not a recommended configuration with your setup, the system is just underpowered. You really need a PS-1 to handle your current configuration.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:28:55 AM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10