Author Topic: Mitel 5000 HTML Apps button missing  (Read 6341 times)

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 HTML Apps button missing
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »
Hey all,

I'm trying to upload a custom screen saver app for our companies 5360 IP phones, but i don't seem to have the option available.

I'm following the instructions in a post from this forum, but I've hit a brick wall. Everything was going OK until here -
  • In the Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics tool under System Connection, click the 'System management tools' icon and select 'Launch phone system AWS webpage for Sherborne'.
  • Select 'System Management'.
  • Select 'HTML Apps'.
The issue is that I don't have the 'HTML Apps' button. In fact, reading the docs tells me I should see several buttons here, but I have none, and clicking 'System Management' allows me only to 'Upgrade'.
I'm guessing that I'm missing something here, but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Offline NinjaShroom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 HTML Apps button missing
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think you have to click Advanced Mode at the top right of the web page, then find the option you want. It stumped me the first time I followed the instructions for custom screensavers!  :D

Hope this helps,

Mike

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 04:05:39 AM »
Thanks for the reply Mike, but sadly that is not the case. Advanced does add a few odd options, but nothing on the 'System Management' tab.

Thanks.

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:44:57 AM »
I should have added -

In 'Help', 'HTML Apps' has '(BS)' next to it. I have ascertained that this means you should log in to the Base Server to be able to access this, but only if you have a Base Server.

We do not, and the docs indicate that the option should then be available through the PS-1 login, but it is not.

Thanks.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 03:41:35 AM »
Hi Gardy

You do have a Base Server or you wouldn't have a working system, as you have a PS-1 you should have three different internal IP addresses for the system.

Have you tried browsing to them all to see what web pages you get?

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 05:05:42 AM »
Hi NTEDave,

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here with regards to PS-1 then (first time working with phone systems), as I'm fairly sure there is no Base Server. Below is a screen shot which appears to show that the BS is not set up.

I don't know of any other IP that has been set up for the phone system, but that is not to say there isn't any. If I'm able to check this through DB Programming, I'd appreciate a tip on where to look.

Thanks.

Offline NinjaShroom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 10:22:58 AM »
Hi gardy,

Bit strange it didn't work. We have just the 5000 (no PS-1), browsing to System Management, down the right side, below MOH files is a HTML apps link. Bit of a stab in the dark but do you have a high enough access to the controller to allow you to upload files? Also what version software are you running? I don't know if that makes a difference?

The settings image you uploaded is the same as mine so that shouldn't be a problem, you are logging into the controller at the ip address you have in the screenshot (3.130)?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 10:59:41 AM »
Hello

Could you go back one step to IP Settings, take a screen shot of that and post please?

Also in the web settings page you are trying to find the HTML apps, could you post a shot of that please?

Cheers.

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »
Hey both, thanks again for the replies.

NinjaShroom -

I'm logging in as the 'admin' account, so all permissions are granted.

I am logging in to the address at the bottom of the previous screen shot (192.168.3.130).

And the version I am running is 5.1.0.46.

NTEDave -

Both the screen shots that you requested are listed below as attachments. Please let me know if anything else would be useful.

Thanks,
David
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:00:06 PM by gardy »

Offline NinjaShroom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »
The second screenshot looks odd, there should be a menu down the left side. Have you tried using a different browser?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
From what I can see from the screen shots you only have a base server, no PEC or PS-1, if you had either it would add further IP addresses.

This still doesn't explain why you haven't got the links down the left hand side for MOH, HTML apps etc.

I know that Mitel can be pretty fussy about browser support, as NinjaShroom suggested, have you tried accessing the system with IE?

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 04:22:08 AM »
Are you actually kidding?! Something works in IE but not in Firefox! That must be a first!!

Can't believe it was so damn simple, but glad it's sorted.

Thanks both for your help, and hopefully if I need to come on here again for help I'll know the difference between BS, PS-1, etc!

Thanks,
David

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10