Author Topic: Mitel 5000 falling over - seemingly randomly  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Fruition

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 falling over - seemingly randomly
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »
Hello all,

We have a 5000 which is connected to a POE switch along with all of its handsets; this switch is in turn connected to a second switch, which carries all the data connections (two servers plus numerous PCs etc., so nothing out of the ordinary).

Every now and again (and it really is that random), the Mitel falls over with an error code suggesting that all of its CPU is being used up. When this happens, the only way to get it back running is to remove the link between the two switches, thus removing the Mitel from the data network and losing Xarios in the process. Other than the error, I have absolutely nothing to go on; there is no clear combination of circumstances or network events which would help pinpoint the cause. Next time it happens, I'll make a note of the exact error message and post it here.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure this can't be the only Mitel 5000 to fall over like this, so if anybody has seen something even remotely similar before I'll be very interested to hear all about it...

Thanks in advance,

David Fowler

Offline JHFC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 falling over - seemingly randomly
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »
What version is the 5000? What size flash is in it? If your not using any SIP disable the listening port.

Jim

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 falling over - seemingly randomly
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 05:15:49 PM »
We had this happen on a V4 system running SIP trunks that was being SIP attacked on 5060.

The system just couldn't cope and locked up.

More recent versions seem more resilient.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10