Author Topic: Nupoint - checking VM externally * key not working  (Read 5246 times)

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
Nupoint - checking VM externally * key not working
« on: June 07, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »
Greetings,

We're running Mitel 3300 MXe 5.0 SP2 (11.0.2.66), Nupoint UM 5.0 SP1 (15.1.0.14.01).

There is an extension that does not react to the * key when checking the voicemail either externally or from another extension. This works for all other extensions that I'm aware of so it seems to be related to this extension or VM box. The extension is ACD enabled, same COS, COR for the phone as all others, same COS, COR for ACD agent as others as well.

Any ideas?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nupoint - checking VM externally * key not working
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »
You probably want to check that the FCOS is the same as other mailboxes in NuPoint.

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 08:13:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I checked that and it is indeed set the same. I am wondering where in the system can that option be disabled?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »
Don't think it can be disabled. What are they trying to do with the * key? Hit * in voicememo mode to enter their password?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 07:39:50 AM »
In the NuPoint, renumber the VM box / Extension then recreate it.

But another question: is the VM box number in the same range as the others?   For example, if all phones are 5000 to 5999, the problem VM box isn't 7001?

Ralph

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 12:19:45 PM »
The VM box is for someone who is out of the office until tomorrow. I don't want to lose their greeting so I will wait until tonight to recreate the mailbox. The mailbox is in the same range as the others, 1223 from 1100 - 1299 range. The * key is being used to access the VM from another extension or an outside line.

Thanks,
Forrest

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
So it turns out this is due to the "extended absence greeting" being enabled. I was going to recreate the user's mailbox today but thought I'd test again and so dialed NuPoint, entered her extension and pressed * then was prompted for the passcode. I tested on my extension and when I enabled the EAG I could not get into my VM box dialing my direct line and pressing * or internally from another extension. Is this normal functionality with NuPoint messaging? It seems to me if you were out of the office on vacation or whatever you would want the ability to check your VM remotely.

Forrest

Offline RossBC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 11:27:05 PM »
funny, I just ran into this same thing this week.
as per the help file, this is expected behaviour. it says to press * before your mailbox number.
so from outside, the first * gets you to the message center and you need to press another * before the mailbox number.
turns out that this seems to work for when you have the EAG enabled and when you don't so this will be our new procedure.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
I think the "EAG" is designed so that callers can't bypass your greeting.  That way they hear: "I'm not going to be here for a long time" and then they don't expect you to be back with them right away.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10