Author Topic: NPUMAdmin deleting Emails from Exchange  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Sambooka

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NPUMAdmin deleting Emails from Exchange
« on: May 27, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
Hi,
We are using Nupoint as our voicemail system and use Advanced UM. We have had a problem for a few years but just finally was able to find a user to reproduce the problem.

Someone calls User A and leaves a message. The message goes into User A's Exchange inbox. Since we use advanced UM if user A reads the message the message waiting light goes off. If he deletes the message the message is deleted from NuPoint. All is well and good.

If UserA fowards the message to user B using Outlook the message will sit up to 5 min in User B's inbox and then POOF.. go to User B's Deleted Items in Outlook. This ONLY happens for certain users who are forwarding the message (i.e. anyone user A forwards to will have the item delete). Also, this ONLY happens to users who have their Outlook in french (we are in Quebec). Not all users with French Outlook have this issue.

Sooooo... it happened to me today with a user who was willing to keep testing with me. I enabled audit logging on my mailbox and found that the message is being deleted by NPUMAdmin. But he should not be deleting it because it isnt a VM in my mailbox .. it is an email that was forwarded to me via outlook.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Drew

Offline marcolive

• View Profile
Re: NPUMAdmin deleting Emails from Exchange
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »
We have a bunch of customers with French accents in their names that causes stranges issues.

I know Mitel will address that in a future release.

Never heard of issues related with UM forwards. Maybe you could try to download Nupoint UM logs to find out more. Try to SFTP into your server and download text files from /usr/vm/log/msblogs/

Just a though... I know Nupoint is trying to find UM messages in you mailbox by seeking (using IMAP) all messages that contains "nupointmsgid" in the subject line, rejecting all messages that begins with "FWD" or "RE". In your case, French Outlook forwards are using "Tr" instead of "FWD".

I think the best thing to do is to call your VAR... They'll be able to find out if this issue is already fixed or they'll be able to report that to Mitel.

Hope that helps! :)

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: NPUMAdmin deleting Emails from Exchange
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:05:01 AM »
What load you running?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10