Author Topic: VM Requirements for MAS 4  (Read 3363 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
VM Requirements for MAS 4
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:48:35 AM »
We have two MAS 3 boxes right now.  One is a VM running the UCA part.  The other is a physical running the AWC part.  My understanding is that the MAS 4 VM will accommodate both UCA and AWC on the same box.

The MAS 3 VM takes 2 virtual CPUs, 4048 MB or RAM, and 45GB of Provisioned space in a VMWare 4.X environment. 

Can anyone speak to the VM Requirements for the MAS 4 VM?

Thanks.

Adam in DC

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: VM Requirements for MAS 4
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:55:27 PM »
In version 4 there is the concept of small or large deployments. I'd guess that you are only looking at a small deployment scenario (less than 150 users). In which case the following is used:
2 virtual CPU's (2Ghz reservation)
4GB RAM
40 GB storage

The reductions in resources for MAS 4 were reduced significantly, which is very handy indeed when you are concious of resources.

It may pay to keep in mind that if you are planning on upgrading, MAS 5 is just around the corner.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:24:34 AM »
Agree MAS 5 in a couple of weeks.

Use engineering guidelines if you want to check requirements.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »
That, of course, begs the question about going from Mas 3 to Mas 5.  Is that even a path?

If I go to Mas 4, at least it will be something my local Mitel Tech will be able to get support on (and he's with Mitel Corporate, not a dealer).  If I go to 5, I can guarantee you that I will be the first one he's ever done.  If I want someone to mess it up, I can do that myself.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:47:30 AM »
Won't know if that until documentation is released for MAS 5 however there has been an upgrade path for every previous release to a current release so far so I would expect it for MAS 3 to 5 as well.  That path may be release 3 to 4 then 4 to 5. Not a big deal because you had to do that back in MAS 1x.

If your tech is a Mitel Corporate tech then he will be tasked by his manager to do the upgrade course as soon as MAS 5 is released. So at least he will have the training and can call product support. Its up to you if you want to stay with the older software. Maybe wait to hear the features in MAS 5 before making your descision. Might be something you want. Have a site that wants the voice activation on the Nupoint. ( i.e say "play" on your phone to play a message rather then having to push a button. Have a lot of cell phone users that want that.   

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
I don't think the upgrade from 4 to 5 will be difficult. Likely runs on the current MSL so just a blade upgrade.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 07:33:39 PM »
An upgrade from 3 to 5 should be possible I would think (when it comes out), as they haven't said that the database platform is changing, which was the only reason before that you had to go in a certain order.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 07:57:52 AM »
johnp.

Saw something that a nw MSL ( 10? ) is needed for the new stuff so that means a full installation and restoration of a database backup. Guess we only have to wait a short time to find out.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »
From what I've read, whilst MSL 10 will be a fresh install, but if you are running 9.3 or 9.4 then you will be able to use a new function call RFI, to automatically upgrade but still retain settings.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10