Author Topic: Hot Desking Auto Logout?  (Read 5584 times)

Offline elfordty

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hot Desking Auto Logout?
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »
Hi there,

I have a Mitel 3300 controller and Mitel 5312 and 5330 phones on site.  We have only a few users that use hot desking and the rest are just regular users.

What happens is that every night the host desk phones log out and go back to their original numbers.  Is there a way to have them not auto log out?

The users that hot desk only switch on Fridays and they often come in and there phones are logged out and start to miss calls.

Thanks you
Tyson

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Desking Auto Logout?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »
What version are you running?
Someone could have set a schedule for user logout, check your scheduler form.

I didn't think hot desk users automatically logged out.

Offline elfordty

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

I've looked in the Scheduler and haven't found anything, at least there is nothing that is a repeating event to log out users.

This is the information I have about the version
Release Level: 5.0 SP2 PR1
Active Software load: 11.0.2.19
Platform MXe-III, 512MB of RAM

Tyson

Offline marcolive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
There is no auto auto logout by default.

Check if your 3300 has a daily programmed reboot (programmed reboot display in maintenance command).

Also, check your POE switches. I think that if your phones reboot, HD user will be logged out.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 01:55:19 AM »
I wonder if you are another "victim" of this bug. Check your logs from around 3am and see if you can see the logouts around then. http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php/topic,3509.0.html

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 07:24:07 AM »
If the phone reboots for an reason it will be logged out. During the summer months we get lots of brown outs on power which results on the phone rebooting and the user being logged out. We just need to get a new UPS to fix.

Offline elfordty

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the reply's

I don't believe the PoE switches are powering off at night because I would get  a notification that my Access Points have lost power through their management console.

My Phone are getting logged out around 3am however, and I have log files saying ICP has lost contact with ... From the hearbeat server (see attached photo).
Would this be the bug discussed in the other forum? 

The strange this is that it is showing the IP of the phone (172.16.18.x) as well as the device attached to the phone from a different VLAN (172.16.20.x).  If that log file is correct it is only showing log of connectivity of a few phones because we have approximately 50 phones onsite. 3 of which are the Hot Desk Phones, 2 of the HD phones are plugged into one switch and the third is in a different switch, in a different building.

I've also attached a screen shot of the three HD phones coming back online with the following phone/user affinity.
Phone Device   ---   Hot Desk User
201                          175
202                          143
203                          149

Thanks again
Tyson

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10