Author Topic: recall to extension but can't get voicemail to answer?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
recall to extension but can't get voicemail to answer?
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »
Okay, car dealership.

Call comes in on a DID, should ring one extension 4 times, then a second extension 4 times. If no answer it goes to the second extensions voicemail.

Let me tell you what I did even though it doesn't work.

1. Built an extension list with the first phone in it.

2. Assigned that extension list to a hunt group.

3. Assigned the second phone as a recall after 4 rings.

After this, the call should go to the second extension's voicemail, but it just rings and rings at the second extension (the ring-in and recall work as they should)...

What am I missing?

Offline Stix1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: recall to extension but can't get voicemail to answer?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:11:34 AM »
There's a couple of different ways to accomplish this.

One would be to create a hunt group. Put the 1st and 2nd extensions in as members. Do not put them as part of an extension list. Adjust your No Answer Advance timer to 20 seconds or so. Put your Recall timer to 40 seconds or so. Create a Call Routing Announcement and take out any greeting in the Day and in the Night. In the digit translations of said CRA, program it to timeout to the 2nd extension's mailbox. Now, your recall destination in the hunt group you created will be this CRA.

Offline mav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
set up a system forwarding path to have the second ext as the first point in the path, and the CRA that has a timeout to the second ext's mailbox as the second point in the path. Then simply apply the forwarding path to the first ext. Play around with system forward advance timer to get it working as per you needs

Offline jp0013

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »
Thanks to both of you. I used Stix's suggestion the same day and it worked like a charm. Its kind of a roundabout way, but it works!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10