Author Topic: DEE Issue (Mitel 5000 Dynamic External Extension)  (Read 4115 times)

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
DEE Issue (Mitel 5000 Dynamic External Extension)
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:12:07 AM »
Hi,

I have a problem with DEE.  When I dial an extension it twins with a mobile fine however a user is in a hunt group which the main number points to.  When the hunt group is rung it rings the extension but does not ring the mobile via DEE.  I thought this might be a restriction with the hunt group so I set the hunt group to recall to the extension.  I can see the recall working after the timer but again this does not ring my mobile too.  Any ideas?  I have tried recalling to a phantom with with a forward always path to the extension but again it just rings the extension.

Software is 5.1 SP4

Regards
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:13:00 AM by ralph »

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DEE Issue (Mitel 5000 Dynamic External Extension)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »
It's hit and miss whether you can get an extn to twin a Hunt Group call.

I did get it to work for someone who requested it on Tek-Tips but when I tried it again it didn't work  :-\

My post from over there:

Create a Phantom
 Create a user for the Phantom
 Setup DEE for the user, set to yes, add mobile number etc.
 Create a Call Routing Application
 Set the time out destination as the Phantom extn number

Enter the CRA number into the Hunt Group as a member and calls will twin with the Phantom and the mobile.

This worked and I was happy :)

I couldn't stop tinkering though so I then stuck the Phantom into a Hunt Group Member list, deleted the CRA from the hunt group and entered the Hunt Group Member list, this worked as well, ringing the mobile when a call was routed to the HG. Theoretically as long as you had enough lines you could ring loads of mobiles.

The full thread:

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1700562

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
Re: DEE Issue (Mitel 5000 Dynamic External Extension)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »
Hi Dave,

Thanks for that, I didn't think of the CRA.  Adding the CRA as a hunt group member worked which was good but would only ring the one device at a time so I tried the phantom in a hunt group member list like you suggested but this did not work for some reason. 

I have the CRA as a recall on the hunt group so this is OK for the customer so it rings multiple phones then last point is a single ext and mobile but not brilliant.

I don't understand why recalling to a extension that has DEE doesn't work instead of a CRA.

Thanks again Dave.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10