Author Topic: Import Telephone Directory  (Read 3067 times)

Offline STEVIE

• View Profile
Import Telephone Directory
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:22:08 AM »
I am attempting to import a list of customers into the Telephone Directory Assignment. 
I have downloaded the Import Spreadsheet and used that to create the csv file.
I had a couple of issues initially in that it wouldn't upload from my PC and I have had to log on directly to our Server. I then had to add the server IP address as a trusted site ( I was getting an Webpage error - Form Access Denied ).
My problem now is that is says the data is validating, but then seems to flash through a few screens too fast for me to see, but does not import any data, and then returns to the list of manually entered numbers.
I previously validated the file when creating the csv.
I have successfully upload speed dials for the same set of customers.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:51:40 AM by STEVIE »

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Import Telephone Directory
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:26:26 AM »
When you say you "downloaded the import spread sheet" what do you mean? If you mean the import tool where you can add more then just the tel dir those forms are tied to a particular software load so make sure you get one for your load. A better way would be to export your current telephone directory and then update that form by removing the existing data and adding your new informantion. That way you have a import spreadsheet compatible with your software load.

I am assuming the names you are trying to import have programmed extension numbers existing on the system. Telephone directory enteries have to be tied to an extension or a speed dial. If not the system will not accept them. Speed dials are brand new numbers so it is not surprising they imported.

Offline STEVIE

• View Profile
Re: Import Telephone Directory
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 08:51:59 AM »
I used the import tool to create the file.

Oddly enough the Telecom company we use to look after our system suddenly discovered they could do these uploads after I mentioned to them that I had managed to do part of their job !

Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10