Author Topic: Caller ID  (Read 3643 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Caller ID
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:02:46 AM »
Scenario:
Employee calls outside client the client reports that the caller ID shows unknown number.
Called Telco they say everthing on their end is good and it should be displaying the name and number

I looked in the COS under local trunks and I don't see anything that would suppress this am I missing something or maybe there's another place to look?
Under ARS when they call out the first choice is local trunks and the second routes back to our PRI. I've tested during slow hours and know all lines were not being used so there going out the local trunks.

Thanks,

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Caller ID
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
The LS trunks are showing the unknown name? That will be the provider, call back and see if you can get a tech that knows how to read.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »
yeah the LS trunks. They called back and said they tweaked something but it still shows unknown number. Now that I think about it when I was extending them to our PBX I tested with my butset and called my cell it did show the number. Maybe there is a place that suppresses this and I just don't know? We don't have a MSDN/ DPNSS card so I know it's not at that point.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »
I doubled check ARS and I screwed up the routing has local lines going out our PRI fist and local lines second so maybe I'm missing a setting on the main PBX?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »
I think I've figured this out, I can just put in a CPN substitution for the extensions at the main site and put in the main line I want folks to see.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 07:33:58 AM »
Sounds like you need check your ARS because CPN sub applies to ISDN trunks not LS.

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:31:58 AM »
Hello,

We're you able to resolve your caller ID issue? 

I am also struggling w/ a caller ID issue - caller ID substitution on a group of extensions.

However, to share some insight into what I've done so far:

We still have an NSU component on our 3300.  Terminaled into the NSU via IMAT software and programmed the CPN substitution setup.  We are outpulsing one number for 90% of our extensions and outpulsing another number for 10% of them. 

From my understanding, whatever we outpulse - our CO will be able to match that number up w/ the associated caller ID information.  We had to get another directory listing from our CO to get this accomplished.  Still not working for us, but our CO is telling me to give it more time for the change to propagate across all systems.  Which doesn't make sense to me.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 12:36:51 PM »
Hello,

We're you able to resolve your caller ID issue? 

I am also struggling w/ a caller ID issue - caller ID substitution on a group of extensions.

However, to share some insight into what I've done so far:

We still have an NSU component on our 3300.  Terminaled into the NSU via IMAT software and programmed the CPN substitution setup.  We are outpulsing one number for 90% of our extensions and outpulsing another number for 10% of them. 

From my understanding, whatever we outpulse - our CO will be able to match that number up w/ the associated caller ID information.  We had to get another directory listing from our CO to get this accomplished.  Still not working for us, but our CO is telling me to give it more time for the change to propagate across all systems.  Which doesn't make sense to me.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Mike, we recently went through this with a customer as well. Telco's have up to 30 days from a requested change to update their Caller ID name databases. So until that 30 days is up, if you call people that use Telco A it may show correctly, but if you call those with a different carrier, it may not. For our customer it was Frontier that took the full 30 days to update their database.

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for your follow up.  My apologies for hijacking your thread, pakman.

Interesting - I will await the 30 days.  Thanks again :)

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10