Author Topic: smartphone UCA and teleworker  (Read 3068 times)

Offline dodsonit

• View Profile
smartphone UCA and teleworker
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »
What app, licensing and configuration do I need to have to make the smartphone (droid/iPhone) act like a teleworker UCA client does on my windows laptop so that I can make/receive calls over WiFi/data connection (not cellular) connected back into my 3300 through the mitel border gateway so that the calls go out from my local phone system thus saving me international dialing charges? I have UCA and teleworker functioning on a windows laptop using a personal ring group so when someone calls me at deskphone it also rings my teleworker IP extension, and it works quite well. This implies that mye MAS and border gateway server are up and running, but I can't get it to work on the smartphones. I did download the Mitel UCA Mobile app to my droid, entered my UC server hostname, login ID and password; but when I test i get a license error and can't proceed further.

I am new to the 3300 and UCA and not a strong telephony guy, but more of an infrastructure MCSE type, so more detail is better for a guy like me.  Here'e my icense info and version history that I believe is related to topic at hand:

license summary:
unified communicator mobile:  7
teleworker:  5
SIP trunk licenses:  0
Mitel 3300 firmware:  4.2 (10.2.0.26_2_
MAS: 3.0.28.0
Mitel STD Linux: 9.3.11

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:31:32 AM by dodsonit »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: smartphone UCA and teleworker
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »
You need UC Mobile for Smart Devices and if you want the UCA softphone to work on the mobile device you need the Mobile SIP Softphone license.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: smartphone UCA and teleworker
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:54:58 AM »
Also need UCA 5.1 as that is the first load to support/provide the sip client for smart phones. Based on your information ( i.e MAS 3.0.28.0 ) you will not be able to use the SIP smart phone client. You need MAS 4 to support UCA 5.1. Looks like you only have UC Mobile.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10