Author Topic: Scheduled Backups to a NON USB Drive?  (Read 3047 times)

Offline supermike

• View Profile
Scheduled Backups to a NON USB Drive?
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »
It does have the option of NFS Share, but using the Processing Server UVM. Which we don't have.

Has anyone managed to trick this 5000 into saving voice processor data to a non usb drive?

I have tried:

saving to my C:\ Drive, invalid folder for Voice Processor Data
Putting a USB in, and creating a folder within the USB that's mounted to an NFS Share (I really thought I had it here.) Invalid folder
Putting a USB in, creating a shortcut to an NFS Share (How the hell does it even know?!) Invalid Folder

We don't want to be writing to a USB drive. We want this sent to your network drive, which will be backed up to our other offices.

Any ideas, virtual USB drivers, any tricks that can be thought of that would let us save voice processor data to a NON usb device?

EDIT: Was putting the USB in my local PC and trying to save the VP Data there. Going to stick the USB in the PBX, mount the NFS Share in the USB via SSH to a folder, and see how that goes. I have a feeling it will work.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:40:05 AM by supermike »

Offline supermike

• View Profile
Re: Scheduled Backups to a NON USB Drive?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:36:38 AM »
I am going to try SSHing into the PBX. Sticking the USB drive in, mounting the NFS Share to the USB Drive (U:\) in SSH and try again.

I was putting the USB drive local in my PC and trying to write the data to it. Needs to be in the CP5000.

My mistake. I will update as I go.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »
Wait for Rel 6, it is supposed to be out soon.
This will give the option to save the Voice Processor in the same backup as the database. (I Believe)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:03:48 PM »
That is correct... from what will probably be the "6.0 Update Self-Study Course Guide" or something similar, backup options will be:

• Database to a PC: By default, this option will be selected. Only the system database, not any system data, will be saved to the backup file as in pre-6.0 database saves.
• Database to a PC and voice data elsewhere: The database is saved in the backup folder in a backup file. The Voice Data is saved at an alternate location (USB thumb drive on the system or network drive for EVM/PS-UVM)
• Database to the system: This option will save the CP database on the system for recovery following a CP reset.
• Everything to a PC: This option will perform a bundled save operation where all available system data (Voice, HTML Apps, FB-MOH Files) will be retrieved from the system and saved in the backup file at the specified location.

This will also make them in a new archive format with an m5k extension. "Password protecting" the database, or database encryption is now going to be optional as well, it will use the admin account credentials or no password on the database itself so you can open it off line without knowing the admin account.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10