Author Topic: Overflow Huntgroup Issue  (Read 9183 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
Overflow Huntgroup Issue
« on: March 28, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »
We have a small ACD application setup for our Help Desk and I setup an overflow HG so that some of out engineers can handle some calls when it gets busy.  I have the hunt group ringing all phones at the same time.  I don't want these guys to have to log into the system so that's why it's a normal hunt group.  The calls roll over just fine but when the second call gets to teh HG it will disconnect all calls of the users that are in that HG.  Has anyone seen this happen before?  Any assistance with this is appreciated.  Thanks!!

Perry

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Overflow Huntgroup Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
You shouldn't Overflow directly to a Hunt Group (or to any device that isn't a playback recording only such as a CRA), read the help and see "Overflow Phones" in the Hunt Group area, Overflow isn't really what you think it is, essentially it is just announcement #2... Since you want to "overflow" from an ACD group, you need to use RECALL for that purpose to send it to a hunt group, have the users log in/out of the group, or make phantom extension that appears on the phones you want it to ring on and use the web interface or remote programming to log that extension in/out of the group.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:27:53 PM »
Ace,

Thanks for the reply.  Couple things.  We are out of phantom extensions i believe since we use them for our desktop faxing.  Is there any way to get this done with a hunt group that doesn't have to log in.  It's very hard for us to get specific engineers to login at certain times because of the schedules.  That's why i wnated to ring all the phones without having them login.  Here is what i have now...

Helpdesk come into STAR application XXXX.  During 8 - 5 gets routed to an application and then comes the Digit Translation.  Option 1 goes to help desk, This option goes to a Hunt Group.  The OVERFLOW of that HG goes to the next HG that I setup with the ALL RING.   Before I set that up it went to another application  that went to a voicemail box. 

The HG i setup is setup this way.  The HG is NOT an ACD HG and the members of this HG are in a phone extention list.  5 users are in that list and all 5 phones ring when the call is not answered by anyone at the help desk.  If a second call is passed to this HG then anyone currently on the phjone gets disconnected. 

Is there a way to set this up with an application so that the users don't have to login?  Any suggestions are certainly welcome.  Thanks again! 

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »
Ace,

Also need to mention that i am not the leading authority on this software.  I know more than enough to be dangerous but that is it. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »
I need to reiterate... OVERFLOW is not for flowing calls, it is for a recording, when a call is "in" Overflow it is still in the original ACD queue, it's the terminology that is messing with you. Overflow is just another recording point and should more appropriately be called Announcement #2! Calls are not flowing properly because the "device" you are using as the Overflow point is not a recording but being answered by a phone. Exactly what you are trying to due is not possible without using the Call Center application (a licensable server that manages ACD groups, even then I am not sure it would work exactly as you want). ACD in the 5000 is pretty simplified compared to other more ACD-centric phone systems.

You can easily route the call after a timer to a regular hunt group, you use it as the ACD groups RECALL point, when the recall timer expires the call is transferred to the Recall destination which can be a hunt group. So the call would sit in the queue until the recall timer expires, then it would be transferred to your hunt group and sit there until that recall timer expires than could be sent to an appropriate destination such as voicemail, auto attendant, or live attendant.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
I apologize for teminolgy.  So, I should set the RECALL timer a little lower, change the RECALL destination to the HG i created, then that HG's OVERFLOW should be set to the application?  Will that work?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:41 PM »
Yup, that is exactly what you need to do, once the recall timer expires then the call will be transferred to the recall destination, which can be a hunt group, or any other device in the system. The announcement and overflow timers just kick in to give the call a comfort recording, but the call is still technically in the ACD queue until the Recall timer expires. Best bet is to set the Overflow timer higher than the Recall timer so that no conflicts exists as long as you are not using it for a second recording.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:56:45 PM by acejavelin »

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 08:34:52 PM »
The terminology used on the HG  config of the 5000 isn't brilliant , basically the announcement option is the "sorry we haven't answered your call option" the overflow option is the "we are really sorry we haven't answered your call" option.

If you route any calls to another HG  via the announcement or overflow option calls can be answered by the announcement of overflow destinations but the call continues to ring on the original destination.

Any overflows are to be entered into the RECALL field.

So STAR routes to a CRA which routes to a HG, Recall for that HG routes to another HG that has the overflow engineers added in.

Sorted hopefully :)

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 09:50:14 AM »
I understand what you are saying.  Back to the original issue for a second.  Can I setup the RECALL destination to point to a HG and will there be any issues with that?  The way i tried it before I had calls get disconnected when they rolled over.

Also, Is it possible to forward phones to another HG without having them login? 

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 03:44:31 PM »
Ok.

Create a new extn list and add the overflow phones to it.
Create a hunt group called overflow
Add the extn list you have just created to the member field of the new hunt group
In the original hunt group add your new hunt group under the recall field

Users will not have to log in and calls will not be disconnected.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 01:01:54 PM »
Thanks Dave!  One more issue.  I need to OVERFLOW that new HG back to the application so that it goes to voicemail.  before the new HG we had it set to go to VM once the call was not answered.  When i try to set teh new HG the same way I don't get teh same message and I don't know why.  I only have to messages that play (2551) which says press 1 for tech support, 2 for sales...etc.  and (2552) which says Hey, we're not here press one to leave a message.

When i select 2552 as my overflow on the new HG i still get the 2551 message for some reason.  Any thoughts???  Thanks again!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »
Again, this is not an Overflow issue, this is will also use Recall. Just set the new HG's recall point to be the CRA you use for your menu and voicemail.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »
Oh the terminology is killing me!  So the recall destination should be 2552 then? 

The Odd part of that is that the original Star App that was setup goes to the original HG and it had nothign set to the recall destination.  Only the Application adn Overflow had something programmed.  Does that make sense?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »
Open database programming, go to Hunt Groups and press F1 for help. You’ll see a very good description of how it all works.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
Ok, now the next issue that we have going on with this is the announcments.  The original HG is set to go to an announcment, if it's not picked up, that says please press 1 to leave a message (2551).   When i try to set it up the same way on the new HG, everything works OK (the routing) but the announcement is the incorrect one.  It goes to teh original announcement that we have when you first call (press 1 for support, 2 for sales...)  I tried to change it inthe HG announcement but doesn't change.  Anyone have an idea??  Thanks again for all the assistance!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10