Author Topic: Ring groups and mobility  (Read 3923 times)

sadale_1270

Ring groups and mobility
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:42:44 AM »
I had another question regarding ring group functionality.  My observation with several IP phone systems is that "ring groups" (as opposed to "call queues" which is generally a more expensive addon) will not use "follow me" features like mobility.  Can anyone tell me if the 3300 will do that?  In other words, if I have mobility on my extension set to ring both my cell and my desk phone, and I'm in an "IT" call group, if someone calls that call group will it ring my desk and my cell phone?

Thanks!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Ring groups and mobility
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:50:40 AM »
Ring groups are not the same as a follow me.  Different functionality.  So I expected it to work.

But, having never been asked the question before, I set it up and tested.

I added my phone to a new ring group.
I then activated Mobiltiy.
Rang the ring group - my cell phone rang.

I also then tested with a normal hunt gruop.  Works the same.   In general, if you can make the prime line ring, your mobility should work.

So your answer is, works great.   You could add more phones to the ring group and ring several phones at the same time.  Your limit becomes how many Mobiltiy lines and trunk lines you have.

Ralph

sadale_1270

Re: Ring groups and mobility
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:53:17 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate the answer. 

With the switch we currently have, calls coming in on a ring group won't follow mobility.  That's the way it works in Asterisk also: if the call comes to a "queue" it will follow the follow me setup, but not if it comes in a "call group."

Good to know this will work the way I want it to!
Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10