Author Topic: Best way to convert MOH files  (Read 8305 times)

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
Best way to convert MOH files
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:27:24 PM »
Hi

I'm trying to figure out the best way to convert music files, such as MP3's to decent quality n64u files, for use with our Mitel 5000.  I've figured out how to do this process through an application called Audacity, but the results aren't all that great.  The volume is too loud with clipping and when I try to reduce the amplification, the quality gets worse.

I know the admin tools for the Mitel 5000 include an application called SoX, but there are so many command line arguments required and I have no idea what I need to specify.  I can't find a way to utilise SoX directly from the Mitel admin tools.

What do you guys use?  What arguments do I need to use in order to convert an MP3 to a usable MOH file?

Thanks in advance.

Matty Brown

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Best way to convert MOH files
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
It is built right into Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics tool, go into options and change the User Type to Mitel Support and click OK, the screen will now have a new option in the top right-hand corner that looks like a pair of tools crossed, click that and select "5000 CP MOH Utility", it should be fairly self explanatory from there.

Also remember from the embedded help:

The power of all signal energy other than live voice cannot exceed -9 dBm when averaged over any 3 second interval.  With our default loss plan, worst case, this means that the File-Based MOH file cannot exceed -12 dBm0 when averaged over any 3 second interval. If any gain on the system (for example, the transmit gain on a loop start trunk) is increased, this maximum level must be decreased by the same amount.

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
Re: Best way to convert MOH files
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »
Brilliant.  I had read that it could be accessed by "Mitel Support", but I thought that meant that it was functionality locked away for authorized Mitel personnel... hadn't realised I could easily change my user type.

Thank you!

Matty Brown.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10