Author Topic: Mitel 3300 Call Recording  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Jockey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 Call Recording
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:01:47 PM »
I have a customer who has a Mitel 3300 MXE MCD 5, connected to the network via ISDN Pri, that uses the ASC EVOIP Call Recorder in the Passive mode to record the calls to their contact centre.
The customer is looking at changing the network over to SIP, is there any problems recording calls on SIP Trunks, I suspect that it may require the Secure Recorder application.
Any advise is welcome.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:57:54 AM by ralph »

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Call Recording
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 07:09:31 AM »
I expect you are saying the ASC "taps" the PRI and records all calls. I have only deployed an SRC to record sets so I am not sure if it will record trunks. At the least you would need the accompanying MBG to act as a SIP gateway for the SIP trunks. I would have to check the latest MBG to see if there are setting for recording SIP trunks.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Recording
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:29:12 AM »
I am not familiar with the ASC EVOIP solution, but I would assume that it works similarly to other recorders and you have a physical connection to your PRI on the recorder. If so, you would have to check with your rep to see what options they have. I know other manufacturers, Oaisys for example, have network side monitoring that would work the SIP trunks. You set up a mirrored port on your network to pull the calls to the recorder and you don't have a PRI tap. I assume that this works with SIP trunks, I haven't used it in that way.

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 Call Recording
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:10 AM »
We have SIP trunks and use Mitel Border Gateway and the Oaisys Tracer to record calls.

Offline Jockey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 Call Recording
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
Thanks Guys for your help.
Yes it appears it will work,
The ASC Vendor has advised that they will require it to be changed from Passive to Active and connect via the Secure Recorder application.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10