Author Topic: MITEL UCA server Help  (Read 4113 times)

Offline super6

• View Profile
MITEL UCA server Help
« on: February 08, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »
We have  a Mitel Standard Linux server that apparently has some corruption and the error I get is during boot...
Unexpected Inconsistency; Run fsck Manually

Checking File system.  An Error Occurred during the file system check.  Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot  when you leave the shell.  Give root password for maintenance or type Control D to continue.

It will not accept the password and when I CTRL D it just reboots.  How can I get to a prompt to run fsck?  Any help with this is GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!

Perry :-\

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MITEL UCA server Help
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »
Honestly... I hope you have a valid backup, sounds like a reinstall from scratch is necessary since you can't get to the shell with the known correct password.

Offline super6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »
Well we didn't so we ended up having to reinstall from scratch.  The guy who install it never did take a backup of the config file so we had to go thru it start to finish. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »
Well we didn't so we ended up having to reinstall from scratch.  The guy who install it never did take a backup of the config file so we had to go thru it start to finish.
That sucks... been there more than once. Since then I have been purchasing some really cheap 256MB, 512MB, and lately 1GB flash drives online in lots of 10-25, usually for less than a buck each on eBay but sometimes you have to look a bit, and then use them for backups and leave them onsite stashed somewhere and labelled. Saved me more than once!!! Just wish every tech did that on installation and whenever making onsite changes...

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »
use them for backups and leave them onsite stashed somewhere and labelled.

That's our company policy.  We use Velcro buttons to stick them right to the controllers.
Now if we could get techs to follow procedures...

I'll have to look at ebay.  We've getting 4G sticks for about $7.   That's more space than we need.

Ralph

Offline wilsonjc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 05:34:21 AM »
We cable tie them to the cab itself, but these velcro buttons sound much better,
We also have an ftp site for techs, dirt cheap to setup (easy if you happen to be a hosting company or ISP) alternatively a company I use personally is really good (not sure if this is allowed but I'm sure the mods will correct me if i'm wrong!) www.ovh.co.uk (they are all over the world), its about £28 a year for a domain and hosting, you can obviously go higher but as a basic start its not bad.

Sorry mods if thats not allowed.

John

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 09:30:32 PM »
Sorry mods if thats not allowed.

No worries.   That's the type of stuff we should be sharing.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10