Author Topic: Collaboration Client keeps prompting to install  (Read 12761 times)

Offline catdaddyx2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Collaboration Client keeps prompting to install
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:43:54 PM »
Our telecom vendor just upgraded our UCA to version 5.1.27. Once users log into UCA, they are prompted to upgrade the Collaboration Client. That upgrade appears to go fine. But the next time the user opens UCA, they are asked to upgrade again....and again....and again. It prompts to upgrade every time UCA is opened.

Going into my Programs, I see I have UCA 5.1.27 installed and Mitel Collaboration Advanced Client 1.7.8.0 installed. On the MAS server, it shows version 4.0.2.14-1 of Mitel Collaboration Advanced installed.

I'm using the same host name for both UCA and MCA portal. It worked fine when we had UCA 4.x . Maybe that is causing a problem now?

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Collaboration Client keeps prompting to install
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 02:56:21 PM »
Don't have the answer, but I have some questions.  Were you running your UC Server Blades and your AWC Server Blades on the same MAS box before the upgrade?

The reason I ask is that MAS 3.0 was the first version to run as a Virtual Machine but only for UC, not for AWC.  So I have two MAS 3.0 boxes - one virtual and one physical.  One for UC and one for AWC. 

In our current environment, upon installing UCA 4.X, the end user is notified of a new Collaboration client, but it's a one time install and you're never prompted again. 

So, depending on your previous infrastructure, there might be a place somewhere where an IP address needed to be changed, and was not.  Just wondering. 

Adam in DC

Offline catdaddyx2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 03:14:14 PM »
yes, everything was running on one server and still is. I do not believe a virtual server was being used, as both UCA and AWC were using the same ip addresses and DNS hostname.

When we had UCA 4.X, it did prompt to install the Collaboration Client the first time. But it did not do so after that initial install. Now it wants to install Collaboration Client every time.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
Ok.  That's a dead end.  For our UC 4.x, I did edit the MSI file so I could pre-populate some of the fields for our system.  Not sure what kind of packages are in the 5.x system, but perhaps that's something to explore.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 05:48:25 PM »
Do a resync in the UCA for collaboration

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »
But the next time the user opens UCA, they are asked to upgrade again....and again....and again. It prompts to upgrade every time UCA is opened.

Mine does the exact same thing at my desk.   Not enough time to dig into it.

Do a resync in the UCA for collaboration

Johnp, what does that do for this?

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 07:59:12 AM »
We just upgraded to the same level as you ( 5.1.0.27 )on our UCA and and we only get a single request for upgrade. Since its back at head office I can't say whether we are using a vUCA or MAS or vMAS with UCA blade. What desktop OS you using and is it 32 or 64 bit?

Offline catdaddyx2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »
We're running 64-bit Windows 7.

Offline catdaddyx2

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »
johnp had to correct solution. I clicked on the Collaboration tab under UCS and then clicked on my MCA server.  I noticed it showed MCA Client Version as 5.1.x, while version 1.7.8.0 was installed on our computers. I clicked the “Sync Now” button and it changed MCA Client Version to 1.7.8.0.  I clicked Save.

Then I closed UCA on my machine, opened it back up and was not prompted to install Collaboration.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »
Very interesting.  I wonder if there is a way to install it so that is the last thing done? 

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »
Thanks for the step-by-step.
Didn't resolve mine though.
We'll be upgrading within the next couple of weeks so I'll stress over something else for now.

Ralph

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 02:04:44 AM »
Has anyone else come up with another solution for this? Have got a similar problem, except it is trying to run on a terminal server. It's ok for administrators, but for normal users the install fails. Even installing it in install mode the client does not install for normal users when the administrator has run the msi.
It looks like the program installs in to %appdata%\mitel\mca which makes sense why an admin install isn't solving the issue. Has anyone packaged up the MSI or anything to get it to deploy?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 06:33:26 PM »
I forgot to follow this up, as I actually got a solution to the problem, but only just got reminded about it when someone PM'd me asking if I had found a fix.
It turns out that the answer is in the help file, but you have to dig :-) 

Link to the help file here

This issue can be resolved by installing the Admin version of the MCA client on the Terminal server. The default MCA client gets installed in the users roaming profile. The users need permissions to be able to install the client. If they do not have the required permissions the install will fail every time the UCA client is launched.

The Admin version of the client can be installed by a server administrator. This install will also take effect for all users of the terminal server. In order to install the admin version of the MCA client please do the following.

- Login to the Terminal Server with local admin credentials.
- Browse to the mas server (i.e. https://mas.mitel.com/portal)
- At the 'My Unified Communications' login screen, click on 'Mitel Collaboration Advanced Public Portal'
- Click the 'Test Browser' button.
- A dialogue box will appear prompting the administrator to install the MCA client. At this point click on 'Why am I seeing this page?'.
- Click the 'Manual Installations' button.
- Click the 'Administrator' button.

This will download and install the Admin version of the MCA client. If you prefer the admin version of the client can also be downloaded from the mas server using secure FTP. The location of the install file is:

./usr/awc/connpoint/content/MCAClient-admin.exe

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10