Author Topic: Enhanced email integration / Line interface modules  (Read 6797 times)

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
Enhanced email integration / Line interface modules
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
There is a large delay of at least 30 mins when we are trying to use enhanced intergration with our exchange server.

On the exchange server under system manager - IMAP4 it shows the sessions that are running for the users that are getting voicemails, but no email is actually received.

Our MiTel tech is via a local phone company that sold us the system. His solution is to wipe everything out and start from scratch. I don't mean just email either, all extensions, voicemails everything gone. This isn't something that we want to do.

Also, we are installing line interface modules at every remote location. The phone rings (5330) when an analog call comes in, but you can't anwser it. When you pick the handset up it asks for an extension.

The tech was going to call mitel about this one. He said no one has ever used them before.

Last thing, is there any way we can just call mitel? That way we won't have to bug him and you?

Thanks!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enhanced email integration / Line interface modules
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »
I'm not sure what to tell you about the IMAP issue as I've never set it up before.

Unfortunetly you can't call Mitel direct. Only Mitel certified technicians can call for support.

Line Interface Modules (LIMS) are primarily designed to be used for emergency calls. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they are not designed to be used as primary answer points. When the module is setup in the phone, you can choose to associate the LIM line with a button. I believe the only way to answer an incoming call on the LIM line is via the associated button. But you won't be able to transfer that call or have it ring to voicemail at all.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 05:10:08 PM »
I would suggest finding a different Mitel vendor, his answer is ridiculously absurd. If no other option is available, I would call and speak to his supervisor and explain the situation and request he come onsite and contact technical support to get it working. The setup itself is fairly simple, and spelled out pretty straight forwardly in the documentation. As long as IMAP is configured properly, the 5000 has the correct information in it for the IMAP server, and each user is properly configured with username, password, and server, it should just work. If this gets to be too difficult (I have had some situations where it just can't seem to be reliable), switch to the old method of non-enhanced integration (Basic copy or copy/forward) using SMTP, that is really simple.

As far as the LIM goes, I haven't used one in probably 5 years and that was on a 3300, so I can't be of much help there.

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
I would suggest finding a different Mitel vendor, his answer is ridiculously absurd. If no other option is available, I would call and speak to his supervisor and explain the situation and request he come onsite and contact technical support to get it working. The setup itself is fairly simple, and spelled out pretty straight forwardly in the documentation. As long as IMAP is configured properly, the 5000 has the correct information in it for the IMAP server, and each user is properly configured with username, password, and server, it should just work. If this gets to be too difficult (I have had some situations where it just can't seem to be reliable), switch to the old method of non-enhanced integration (Basic copy or copy/forward) using SMTP, that is really simple.

As far as the LIM goes, I haven't used one in probably 5 years and that was on a 3300, so I can't be of much help there.

We would love to. Sadly they installed the system and are our only support with it.

For 99.9999% of our users regular vm to email is fine. President of the company however wants to be able to listen to it, and delete it so it's not there whenever he gets back to his office. It does work, and well once the email is finally recieved. That's the issue though. Testing this morning I got one in 30 seconds and another in 15mins. Doesn't make sense.

We ended up taking Bluewhite's advice and added a LIM button. We're rolling it out and testing it tomorrow.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:02:54 AM »
So wait... the IMAP stuff is coming through, just very slowly, is that correct?

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:18:37 AM »
So wait... the IMAP stuff is coming through, just very slowly, is that correct?

Correct. We see the session open on the server instantly, but sometimes no email is recieved for up to 30 mins.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:23 AM »
Have you tried changing the IMAP Synchronization Method on the mailbox from Event to Polling? Details are in the help file but you might have to go into the On-Line Monitor to see that option. Also, if you are using MP3 as the audio format, I suggest switching to WAV, the MP3 format can take quite a while to convert, especially on busy or large systems, I have seen a 5 minute Record-a-Call session take over 30 minutes to convert and deliver using MP3 format, with WAV it was only a couple minutes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:14:34 AM by acejavelin »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 06:19:06 PM »
I suggest switching to WAV, the MP3 format can take quite a while to convert

There's something I've never given any thought to.  It makes sense that the pbx would have to convert it and that would take time.

Ralph

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 11:35:49 PM »
Have you tried changing the IMAP Synchronization Method on the mailbox from Event to Polling?

Where is this setting excactly? We don't see it.

As far as the MP3 vs WAV thing, with regular emails (non enhanced) its not an issue. We're a small company.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 08:26:30 AM »
You have to use the On-Line Monitor... but be very careful, there are settings using it in some areas which could seriously cause problems, so only use it for exactly what you know. You can enter the On-Line Monitor from the View menu, just click the drop-down menu then the On-Line Monitor, and acknowledge the warning and the screen colors will change, you exit it the same way.

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »
You have to use the On-Line Monitor... but be very careful, there are settings using it in some areas which could seriously cause problems, so only use it for exactly what you know. You can enter the On-Line Monitor from the View menu, just click the drop-down menu then the On-Line Monitor, and acknowledge the warning and the screen colors will change, you exit it the same way.

Sorry for the delay. Just tried this, still didn't work.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 05:43:37 AM »
Saw this and thought of this thread:

MN00383467 - Fixes slow e-mail delivery or no e-mail delivery of voice mail forward to e-mail messages.  The pending message count was getting out of sync with the actual number of messages in the e-mail forwarding queue.

This is in the fixed list for V5 to V5.1

So if your affected system is V5 you need to Upgrade to V5.1 to fix the slow email delivery..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:52:32 AM by NTEDave »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10