Author Topic: Main Lines ringing multiple phones then to Auto Attendant  (Read 2677 times)

Offline weisssj

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Main Lines ringing multiple phones then to Auto Attendant
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:58:02 PM »
Okay, while I'd like to say I've tried everything, I obviously have not as this is still not working.

I have three loop start lines at a hotel/resort.  I need them all to ring 4 extensions at the same time.  If not answered, then it goes to the auto-attendant (2900).  If in night mode, they go straight to the auto attendant.

Any guidance on this?

Thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Main Lines ringing multiple phones then to Auto Attendant
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »
In the 5000 this is actually fairly easy...

Create a new Hunt Group (I will use 2500 but whatever fits for you is fine), then create a new Phone Extension List (P0005 or again whatever fits), and add that in the HG 2500's Members list, and set the Recall Time to about 20 seconds but you can play with this as needed, and now add the AA (2900) as the Recall Destination of the HG 2500. In the Trunk Group of the 3 analog lines, change the Day Ring destination to 2500 and the Night Ring destination to 2900, and you are all done!

Note that using an Auto Attendant is likely not the best solution, a Call Routing Announcement is usually the better way to go.

Offline weisssj

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »
Great!  This did get all 4 phones to ring properly.  Thank you.

However, it did not roll to the AA.  I discovered that it's not the recall destination I had to set, rather the overflow destination.  Perhaps both as I have them both with the AA.

Thanks!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
You want the Recall destination, not the Overflow. With the auto attendant as the Overflow station, calls will remain in the hunt group and the auto attendant greeting will play each time the Overflow timer expires.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 04:51:37 PM »
DND ON is correct, do not use Overflow for this application, just make sure to lower the Recall timer and that 2900 is set as the Recall point.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10