Author Topic: Audio for ringing off node hunt group  (Read 2924 times)

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
Audio for ringing off node hunt group
« on: December 22, 2012, 01:18:21 AM »
I have 5 HX nodes IP networked. 5.1 SP4. I set up the corporate node's CRA with single digit options to call hunt groups on the other nodes. I noticed the ringback that occurs when calling an off-node hunt group, if you've called in from a trunk, sounds like classic CO ringback. But if you call an off node huntgroup from the intercom, it's a double ring-back cadence. Sounds fair, so far.  What would sound better, is music on hold.  So:

If I go to DB Programming on the far node and go to the hunt group, and specify 'Audio for Devices Ringing This Device' and set it to 5000 CP, and call the hunt group from the intercom, I get music. That's great.  But if I'm on an outside trunk and reach the Call Routing Announcement, and choose the off node hunt group I still get classic CO ringback  ???.  If I call the CRA from the intercom, music does play when calling the off node hunt group. But if I get there from an outside trunk, it does not. I thought it would be neat to play music, but it seems that this is impossible. Am I missing something? There is little use to play music for anyone but outside callers in this setup.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:33:37 AM by bhackbarth »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio for ringing off node hunt group
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »
Is the corporate trunk group Audio on Transfer to Ring set to Use Next Device’s Audio Source?

MOH can be tricky, especially for off-node devices. With a little perseverance and lots of testing, you can usually trace it through.

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
Re: Audio for ringing off node hunt group
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »
Perfect, that is exactly what I was missing.  I was all focused on the settings for the hunt group and completely overlooked the audio settings for the Trunk Group.   Since I have music sources connected to every node, I selected the 'Music-On-Hold' option for Audio on Transfer to Ring.  With of course the Music-On-Hold option set to '5000 CP'. It works great! Is it better practice / better use of IP resources to select "Use Next Device's Audio"? All nodes are connected going to the same retail music service through their MOH jacks.

Thanks again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10