Author Topic: Move Extensions from one Controller to another  (Read 5060 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Move Extensions from one Controller to another
« on: December 18, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »
We have 3 MCD 3300's for 3 different buildings.
I need to remove 16 users (extensions) from one Controller to another, does anyone know what the procedure would be to do this, I know how to move/program the extensions in Users and Devices, Call rerouting, and Telephone Directory.  Does Licensing have to be configured but not sure if Licenses have to be moved or configured, or how.
I had asked our Telecom company, they said it would be dangerous if I tried to do it myself that I could select the wrong thing and cause problems; they said they should be the only ones to do anything with licensing.   If someone can advise me on this I'd appreciate.  Thank you.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Move Extensions from one Controller to another
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 01:07:20 AM »
The answer to these questions depends a lot on the software revision you are using, and if you are managing this as a clustered environment manually or via something like OpsMan/Enterprise Manager,  especially with regard to licensing.

Things like this I have a tendency not to try to "fudge" stuff, and do it as cleanly as possible, meaning you should delete the extensions in questions completely and rebuild them new in the new controller. Using the Export/Import functions can greatly speed up this function, but if you are not familiar with it I would start with small "practice" extensions to see how it all works and what you might need to manually edit.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:09:54 AM by acejavelin »

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
I did a test with one already, I deleted the extension from one controller and rebuilt it on another controller and it worked successfully but not sure if I need to do anything else.  I didn't touch or configure any licensing stuff so trying to find out if I need to?  I need to do this same thing with another 15 more extensions (move them) but want to make sure I'm not missing a step.

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
We have MCD, 5.0, sp1 pr1
Let me know if anything else is needed.  Thank you.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 04:36:53 PM »
You may have to have your VAR move licenses for you.
Deleting and recreating on a new controller won't be a problem. 

You can check your licenses in ESM by going to LICENSES>>>SYSTEM CAPACITY
It will show you how many IP User licenses you have and how many you've used.  That will let you know if you can move the other 15 without having your VAR move licenses.

Ralph

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 05:36:43 PM »
The Controller I want to move the 15 extensions to shows that next to IP Users it only has 2 Allocations left; which sounds like to me that there aren't enough to put these additonal 15 extensions????

When you say VAR (sorry not sure what that acroynm; for what it exactly stands for), are you talking about our Telecom Technician?

So I'm thinking I can move the extensions to new Controller; but if I have to; have the Telecom Technician do the licensing part only.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Thank you.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:58 PM »
VAR= Your Mitel Dealer.

Yes.  Your dealer will have to move the licenses.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10