Author Topic: AD integration for Web Access  (Read 2208 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
AD integration for Web Access
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:24:50 AM »
Hi,

I have just posted a separate question about SSL certificates for Web Access, but now my question is about managing access for users. In DB programming, under Users, [username], I can create a username and password.

I would like this to be secure, so don't want to leave the password blank, generic, or easily guessable. However, I also know if I let users create their own passwords, they won't remember them and I'll spend forever resetting passwords.

AD authentication seems the most sensible solution. Is this an option?

Again, thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AD integration for Web Access
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:28:55 AM »
WallIT,

You really must be an IT guy, no one ever asks these questions. Anyway, there is not an inherent AD integration within the Mitel 5000, but there is a software developers package you can purchase or at least you used to be able to purchase that allowed for some 3rd party integration, but with the new 5000 software features I am unsure if it would be supported for that. You would need to talk to your Mitel Vendor or Mitel Direct to get more information on that.

Sorry once again.

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
Re: AD integration for Web Access
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 05:04:12 AM »
Thanks. Yes, I am an IT guy. But I am also responsible for the telephone system at our place.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll have to compromise somewhere between security and convenience.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10