Author Topic: SIP Iphone couple q's  (Read 1883 times)

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
SIP Iphone couple q's
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »

3300cx
MCD 5.0

Goal:  To rid the issue of having calls all come from the same number.. extension calls my extension which is forwarded to my cell #, all #s that come through have the ID of main number and not the specific extension

Trying:
Use my iphone 5 as an extension..

Works when SIP app running on the iphone.. and connected to our internal network. When the app is closed according to FAQ push notifications will NOT work if our onsite pbx cannot be reached from the public internet, and it does not work like stated.

Don't know much about this but thinking it has something to do w/ the registration ?
Any Suggestions / Recommendations / Ideas to try ?

Im thinking:
-  setting up a public ip address for the phone system.. bad idea ? good ?

THANKS !!!

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: SIP Iphone couple q's
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:31:33 PM »
I think I follow what the problem is.
When a call is made out via a SIP trunk only the prime number is displayed no matter who is calling?

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:46:37 PM »
I think so.. sorry not so good with the understanding of everything..

We basically have our main site w/ two tenants, approx 30 non DID ex's in one, approx 6 non DID ex's in another.. I am not in my office all the time so I forward always my extension number to my cell phone number...

So if tenant 1 calls my extension, i get the main # for that tenant
And if tenant 2 calls my extension, I get the main # for that tenant

So i know what tenant the calls are coming from but not the exact extension who made the call to my extension

Setting my iphone up as an extension does fix this so when they call my iphone extension i actually see the extension calling me but it just won't work unless the app is up and running (which will not work for me!)

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:13:42 PM »
ok, sounds like you need to configure your CPN substitution for each number in the range.

Just to clarify you are saying iphone, do you mean a mitel IP handset, or a mobile phone made by Apple, as in iphone?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10