Author Topic: 5312 message light constantly flashing!  (Read 6087 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
5312 message light constantly flashing!
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:13:05 AM »
Hi,

I have a 5312 handset that message light constantly flashes. When i press the envelope button it doesn't go anywhere. When i dial into the voicemail it says i have no messages.
I've deleted the voice mail from this extension. Then rebooted and re-applied but the light remains flashing. I've gone as far as deleting the extension and re-setting up the phone again and as soon as its active the message light flashes. :'(

Is there a command or something that can indicate where the problem lies?

Thanks in advance

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Re: 5312 message light constantly flashing!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:30:29 AM »
Couple things come to mind for me

First up you could try running in the maintenance commands a "locate feature extension" command against the extension and see if it tells you anything

I have had a few times where callbacks getting stuck, check your feature access codes for "Callback - Cancel" and try executing the FAC on the effected phone

Though I personally haven't seen it, i guess there is a chance the MWI flag hasnt reset so you could try executing the "Message Waiting - Deactivate" FAC

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:55:58 AM »
Be sure and check this article:
www.mitelforums.com/articles/vm-light-flashing.php

In your case, because the message button doesn't go anywhere when you press it, try dialing the MWI ON feature code then the MWI off feature code.    Format would be like this:  <fAC ON>+<your extension>   Then <FAC OFF>+<your extension>

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
Have you looked to see if this phone is associated with a hunt group or anything else that has VM?

Also, if you are stumped with this you can pull a VM diagnostic file and search through it.

(From MOL)
To troubleshoot what is initiating the MWI on, obtain diag.dat or diag.sav from either

a> the system diagnostic report logs; or
b> ftp into the controller and manually get the diag.dat file from /vmail/c/voxdrv.
e.g. ftp into controller IP
Type cd /vmail/c/voxdrv
Type get diag.dat
Type get diag.sav
Type bye.

Review Diag.dat or Diag.sav with Notepad or similar application
-Open up the diag.dat in Notepad and search for 3 a.m.
- Look for your MWI On code and mark down all extensions or numbers that the MWI is being set on.

You may find a system speed dial or hunt group number that has an association to the extension that is complaining about the MWI every morning. This could mean you have a vmail box that is associated with the system speed dial that points to the extension, or a hunt group that this DN is the first member of.

Resolution: Change programming I.E MailBox 0=system speed call to the DN that has MWI on in A.M means you have a new voicemail message in the dial 0 mailbox.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10