Author Topic: prefix stripping.  (Read 2415 times)

Offline p21kbar

• View Profile
prefix stripping.
« on: November 30, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »
We have a mitel sx-2000.  Currently I have a speed call set up for ext. 5598 so it bypasses our tie line to another facility and gets routed to a server at another facility.  I was wondering how I would be able to strip the prefix when people dial 9, 451-5598 and get routed to the same server. 

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: prefix stripping.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »
Send it to an ARS route that has a digit mod that absorbs the digits you don't want to send

Ralph

Offline p21kbar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:20:42 AM »
Thanks for the info Ralph.  I was able to do the digit stripping thru the ARS.  The problem is that I cannot get it to route out the ISDN trunk group.  I have to route it out a t-1 going to another mitel switch (another trunk group).  I would like to have it hit the speed call number after stripping and go out the ISDN Group.  Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:42:50 AM »
I assume speed dial 5598 is actually dialling another ars related string. You need to determing if additional numbers are being added via digit modification when it's dialed and include those in your new digit modification plan. It may need some call by call info when hitting the PRI. Your new digit modifier would look like quantity to delete 8, insert anything extra needed + new number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10