Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Call Forwarding  (Read 5177 times)

Offline kchall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 Call Forwarding
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »
I'm sure this is simple for most of you...
I have a DID pointing to ext xxxx when ext xxxx does not answer or is Busy I need it to forward to Hunt Group YYYY
How do I accomplish this?
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:23:38 AM by ralph »

Offline Stix1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: call forwarding
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
Create a System Forwarding Path that goes to Hunt Group YYYY.  Assign that Forwarding path to extension xxxx.  You can change the conditions by double clicking on that particular forwarding path under the station. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:03:29 AM »
Create a System Forwarding Path that goes to Hunt Group YYYY.  Assign that Forwarding path to extension xxxx.  You can change the conditions by double clicking on that particular forwarding path under the station.
Also make sure to disable the manual busy/NA forwarding, that takes precedence over System Forward. You also need to make sure that the System Forwarding station level flag is turned on.

Offline kchall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:19:11 AM »
Thanks got it working

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Call Forwarding
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »
Kchall,

I know you have an answer that works for you, but it is not a good practice to send a call like that directly to an extension and then to a Hunt Group as it reduces the flexibility of the system for that extension to have a personal|private voicemail as well as ring time for the call as it is subject to the system forward initiate timer that is normally used for Voicemail.

A better practice is to send the call to a Hunt Group that has that extension as the only member and then you can set the amount of time it rings there before you send it to another group of people. Also you can create a mailbox for the Hunt Group that can light an extension even though it is associated with the Hunt Group.

Take Care,

Steven

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10