Author Topic: Tenanting help  (Read 1650 times)

Offline CapetownRaz

• View Profile
Tenanting help
« on: October 31, 2012, 03:19:58 AM »
i guys, i cannot get tenanting working properly.

I have 5 companies in 1 huge office, with 25 staff.and 24 BRI trunks

the SWB is a 5224 with a PKM and mapped buttons for each trunk line.
All the calls come into the SWB, they ring for 3 secs, then ring on a designated 5212 in each company, another 6 secs pass and it rings on a night bell,
 and anyone of the 25 can pick it up and transfer to the relevant person across companies.
everyone can call everyone else, all i need to achieve here is that the companies dial out on their own trunk lines.

so i created 6 tenants
i gave ten 1 no permissions
Ten2 gets sets 3-5
Ten3 gets sets 2,4,5
Ten4 gets sets 2,3,5
Ten5 gets sets 2-4

and everything works fantastically, they can call each other and transfer incoming calls etc....
BUT the SWB doesnt ring at all (i left the SWB in Ten1)
so i gave Ten2-5 permission for Trunks Ten1, and Sets for Ten1.

and now the SWB virtual trunks ring as they should, the operator can answer, but when she rings the target tenant , the call rings, but cuts on transfer?

i have spent maybe 16 hours trying different things, to no avail, i cannot get the calls to transfer.

If the SWB is out of the equation, no problem, they can answer, they can transfer, they call out using the granted trunks etc.

but the SWB needs to be the primary answer point, and this does not work.

I imagine that a 5550 would solve the problem, BUT there is no ways that the customer will pay for one, and here in south africa they cost around $1200.

i f anyone could steer me in the right direction i would appreciate it

thx
Russel

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: Tenanting help
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »
reading your story I wonder why you setup the Tenanting. Install all as one and seperate the outgoing calls through the CoR setup.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: Tenanting help
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
I'm not sure of the need for tenanting either? Seems to be adding complexity to a requirement that doesn't need to be there just judging from the short snippet you have posted.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10