Author Topic: Teleworker problem.  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Nic

• View Profile
Teleworker problem.
« on: October 22, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »
I am very new to the Mitel world, so go easy on me.  The problem I am having is that there is no button display on the Teleworker phone.  I can make and recieve calls, but I can't tell what the buttons are.  The phone never does the html downloads and the only display on the phone is the Hotdesk and Phone Book.  I have already verified that all Teleworker ports have been opened.  We are running version 7.1 on the MGB.

Any ideas?   :(

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: Teleworker problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »
Which model handset are you running that is having the problem?

If you have the same model handset running inside of the network does that have the same issue?

Offline Nic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »
Which model handset are you running that is having the problem?

If you have the same model handset running inside of the network does that have the same issue?

5330, no problems using them in the network.  I tried different 5330, I also had the same problem using a different ISP.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
ok cool.

You mentioned that you verified all of the ports were open, did you use the TNA tool for this, or just check manually?
On the 3300 and or MBG does it show any errors when the phone tries to download the HTML app? I assume that it hangs for a while when trying to download the HTML app on the phone?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 06:05:28 AM »
I've seen this before.
It happened when the TW server (MBG) wasn't at the proper software level to match the 3300.
You'll need to let us know what your software levels are for both.

Ralph

Offline Nic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
@martyn, by verify the ports, I meant that our vendor and network engineer verified the ports.  I didn't know anything about the TNA tool and that will be my next step.  You are correct about it hanging while downloading the app.  It does seem like something is being blocked.

@raprh, the MBG is at version 7.1.  I will have to ask my vendor about the 3300, but I pretty sure it's relatively current since it was install within the last year or so. 

Thanks for all the help.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
Ralph's comment does ring a bell, that I have seen that before, but can't remember when.

If it was installed a year ago it should be 4.2 then I guess, which is compatable with MBG 7.1, so all good there.

If you log in to the MBG server, go in to the MBG panel, and then status, file transfer. From there you can select the TNA tool to download.
Once installed, connect to the internet from outside of your network, and point the software to the public IP address of your MBG server.

I would think that all should show up fine, as it's usually UCA that gives hassles, but it's worth checking anyway.

The next places to look after that would be the event log, and the tug log, as they should give some hints as well.

Offline Nic

• View Profile
Re: Teleworker problem...resolved
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »
From Mitel's notes after reviewing the TNA results.

“The next place to look is the firewall. Ports 3998 and 6880 are used for SAC communications, and those ports must be bi-directional.
6801 and 6802 also need to be open to the internet. 6800 can be closed between the server and LAN if there are no LAN sets, and the server is in DMZ mode.”

Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10