Author Topic: Mitel 3300 feature possibility?  (Read 1771 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 feature possibility?
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:34:35 AM »
Hi,

We have 3 members of staff that have moved onsite. Their original number externally is set to ring a phone onsite here. They would like all 3 phones to ring simultaneously though rather than just the one phone? Then after 4 rings diverting to answerphone on any of the phones?

1. Please can you advise the best way of setting this up?
2. Can the number of rings before going to answerphone be reduced? seems around 8-10 rings at present?
3. Does the voicemail have to be left on 1 handset or can it vary?

Thanks in advance

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 feature possibility?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »
The easiest way would be assign multicalls of the number on the other two phones (assuming that the first has it as the prime), set them to ring and that is the end of that. You would need to look at the call forward no answer timer to reduce the number of rings (in COS). I am not sure what you are asking on the last part, are you looking for a message waiting indication on each phone? Then build a message waiting indication button for this mailbox on each phone and it will work.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 feature possibility?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:31:04 AM »
there are several I can think of straight up to do it

1. you could add a multicall of each extension onto the other phones with delay ring (only really an option with small number of extensions)
2. use a multicall button of a virtual extension on all three phones and setup either a call rerouting or call forwarding to the virtual extension
3. is to create a ring group with all 3 extensions as members and setup either a call rerouting or call forwarding to the ring group.

the time for the call rerouting/call forwarding is controlled in the COS.

If i recall correctly ring groups were introduced in version 8 (i might be getting my wires crossed) in which case go option 2 if running an older version

in regards to voicemail i depends if you want a common voicemail box or individual mail boxes or any at all.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10