Author Topic: SNTP supported yet?  (Read 2441 times)

Offline MitelMania

• View Profile
SNTP supported yet?
« on: April 10, 2009, 08:34:34 AM »
I cant seem to get anyone at mitel tech support or sales support that knows when / if SNTP client / server will be supported on the 3300 system. I only have a couple customers that are running under E-manager with multiple systems..  most of the rest are running the 3300 purely for the capability of SIP telephones...

SIP telephones present a problem in and of their own which is they either must have Internet access to a Public time server or "preferrably" get it from the PBX.. (which doesnt work yet).. so I am having to keep a small embedded Linux Machine on site that does nothing but Serve time to these phones...

anyone "in close" with the developers at mitel know if this is in the works? of course i have filled out all the forms to request it (over 2 years ago when SIP first showed up in 7.1... officially in 8.0)
-Christopher

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: SNTP supported yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
  According to v2win you will get your wish in 9.1 - I think SNTP is something we have all been waiting for.  With many small, single node installs DST is a royal pain....

http://www.mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=123.0

-Chak

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »
The decided not to release 9.1 instead they are going directly to 10.0 supposedly available june/july timeframe

Update: July-14-2012 by editor:  New How to doc is available here:  How to Set Time on Mitel 3300
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:58:28 AM by ralph »

Offline MitelMania

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 08:57:46 AM »
I heard the same about 9.1, that with the increased hardware requirements it was best to make it a full version release as opposed to an incremental... to help avoid some confusion I guess...

is 10.0 going to run MSL or still a VxWorks platform?
-Christopher

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10