Author Topic: Intertel Conference Bridge Help  (Read 5347 times)

Offline hyperx

• View Profile
Intertel Conference Bridge Help
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:19:14 PM »
We just found out that our Internet IP conference bridge will not work if you schedule conferences in 2013. Since we bought this unit 3 years ago, we feel like we have been a bit misled. We love the unit and it works well. I am trying to get into this unit via SSH. I have no idea what the root password or username is. Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Intertel Conference Bridge Help
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
I'm sorry, I don't understand this problem. What is supplying your conference bridge, the 5000 itself? Conferences are not scheduled per se... Why do you think you can't have conferences in 2013? Also, not sure what you mean by "root" password, there is an installer level password for the phone system but it is defined by the installer at time of installation, there is no real default password.

Offline stitzebr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
I had the same problem and had to reset the Linux password from single user mode just google reset redhat root password.
After that you can vi the file vcs_lib_time.xsl in the directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/vcs/"
on line 326 you can change the year range, I changed mine to to 2012-2025 just so I don't have to research it again.

Offline hyperx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
I had the same problem and had to reset the Linux password from single user mode just google reset redhat root password.
After that you can vi the file vcs_lib_time.xsl in the directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/vcs/"
on line 326 you can change the year range, I changed mine to to 2012-2025 just so I don't have to research it again.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what we intend to do. Over the weekend I was able to move the conference bridge as a stand alone Virtual machine and had my coders find that 2002-2012 date range. I was afraid that there was another file that needed to be modified. You just confirmed. I plan to do this on friday. I will be using Acronis to make an exact copy of the hard drive first. Thanks again!!

Offline IDoDirt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 05:24:13 PM »
Thanks from myself as well. This limitation of 2012 was worrying me a little. I'd like to follow up with another area that has a similar issue in the same application. That has to do with the Admin reports feature in that you can only run reports from the year 01-09, and clearly 2010 and later doesn't fall into that arena.

I figure there is another document somewhere that contains these parameters. Does anyone here on the forum know what file it might be in ?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:19:43 PM »
It worked, just as posted above. Thanks stitzebr!

Offline mismaili

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »
After making the change to the file, how do you save it and or have it take effect. Im a novice when it comes to Linux.

Offline mismaili

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »
I figured it out, It's :w to save after making changes. ;D
Thank you all for the information on this page...

Offline tj1497

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 08:31:11 AM »
I figured it out, It's :w to save after making changes. ;D
Thank you all for the information on this page...

I tried to edit this file and seems I edited another line, is there any chance anyone can provide this in a text document,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10