Author Topic: Methods for forwarding all calls (answered or not)  (Read 2396 times)

Offline ahutton

• View Profile
Methods for forwarding all calls (answered or not)
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:13:52 PM »
Hi all -

Thank you for the great forums... have been an invaluable resource as I've had to learn our phone system.  I administrate our office remotely and am looking for better ways to forward calls when employees leave the office for an extended period or leave employment with the company.  Frequently, the managers are asking for not only calls to be forwarded, but voicemail redirected as well - so when a call isn't answered it goes to the forwarding target's voicemail.

Presently, Fwd All Calls functionality works fine for calls ringing through, but unanswered calls go back to the starting voicemail and this is not the desired behavior.  I have a method I'm using now involving NuPoint's Call Director functionality, but it's tedious to set up.  Is there a way to do it just on the 3300?

Thank you,

--Aaron Hutton

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Methods for forwarding all calls (answered or not)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:23:58 PM »
There are two things that we can do here:
1) renumber the phone to a new number and then program the old extn number as a system speed call to who ever should be receiving the calls now.   This way you don't have to worry about the VM.
2) Putty into the NuPoint (I'm not sure if you can do this in the web interface or not) delete the old mailbox and  add the extension number as an Alternate extension under the mailbox that should now be responsible for the voice mail messages.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
#2 is accessible in the web-based admin console, but you have to click the Advanced tab...

Offline ahutton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »
Awesome, thanks guys.  Excellent suggestions.  Going with #2 for now and it works great.  Hated having to change the mailbox to the call director CoS and forcing update, then setting up call dir rules, then forgetting about the call director when configuring it for a new user and getting the call "I'm still getting voicemails from so-and-so".

Thanks again. :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10