Author Topic: LS Ports Lock-Up - Mitel 5000  (Read 10205 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
LS Ports Lock-Up - Mitel 5000
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »
I think I posted this previously when I was discussing the initial connection, but now we've run into issues.

I have a customer with a Dukane paging system. Their old Toshiba connected to the Dukane via 3 Loop-start ports.

Done the same thing now with three of the embedded LS ports of an HX.

All three ports are in a trunk group together, so to page, the users dial the trunk group number, then the Dukane paging codes.

Problem is that they get three pages or one on each port, and then they are unable to page again. They receive a message that the trunk-group is busy. My theory is that the LS ports aren't seeing a disconnect and thus never hang up. Problem is, the only way I've found to fix this, is to reset the whole system.

Any other way to reset just those three ports? Anyone done something similar and have an idea on how to see why the ports aren't disconnecting? (5000 support was of no help on this.) Would also love to be able to see the current status of the ports if possible.

Also, we know nothing about Dukane paging systems, and the vendor of the Dukane system is no longer in business.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:40:31 PM by ralph »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: LS Ports Lock-Up
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »
If you pull the jumpers does it disconnect the trunk?

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
LS Ports Lock-Up - Mitel 5000
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:41:05 PM »
Yes it does

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: LS Ports Lock-Up - Mitel 5000
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
We had some of these same issues with a Dukane system connected to a 3300 and wound up (for other reasons) moving them to a Multitech SIP device and the issue stopped once they were considered SIP Trunks to the 3300... not sure if that helps but here are some other ideas:

In the 5000 trunks, make sure "Connected to CO" in each individual trunk is set to "No", "Hybrid Balance" is set to 0, and Service Type is set to "None" but other than that there isn't a whole lot of settings in the 5000 you can potentially change.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
On an SX2000 we once had to add inline devices that would listen for steady tone.  When it heard it, it would disconnect the trunk.   That was on CO lines but I'd bet you could find a similar device that might listen to silence.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »
I didn't have the Balance set at 0, so I made that change and will test in the morning.

I'm finding it harder and harder to work on problems with this thing. There just doesn't seem to be very good diagnostic tools built into the sytem...on a traditional Mitel product a remote busy and then rts as well as being able to to see trunk status in real time.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »
Well that didn't fix it for me.

Ace, any idea what MultiTech devices that was?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Multitech MVP210-FX, but it is only a two port unit, you may need a MVP410-FX to get the three lines. Mitel has a config doc for the 3300, never used them on the 5000 though. I would recommend looking at what FXO device is recommended for the 5000, we haven't done any SIP Trunk gateways for the 5000.

We have actually moved away from using the MultiTech SIP stuff, nothing wrong with them but in our hosted solution business we use Audicodes MP series and Mediant gateways, so we pretty much have standardized on them now, they work really well too.

You could also try a few more tweaks in the 5000 I just thought of in the System\Timers and Limits section:

LS/GS (LS) IC-CO Disconnect: Default is 600ms (60 hundredths), you could try lowering this to as much as 50ms (5) but go down in increment of 10... if this gets too low it is possible to get cut off on a page in progress.

LS/GS (LS) Dialing Disconnect: if their pages are short (under 15-30 seconds on the "line") you may need to tweak this one WAY down too

Disconnect Wait After Dialing: Might need to take this down to 2-5 seconds (I am not a fan of minimum or maximum timers)

Remember that these are system timers and will affect ALL analog trunks, so if they use LS CO Trunks these settings could have a negative effect on those as well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:36:54 PM by acejavelin »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 04:37:26 PM »
Ace,
We went ahead and got a AudioCodes MP-114 for 4 FXO ports to try for this.

For testing, I connected the MP-114 to our demo 5000, and an ONS port off of our 3300.

I can make a call from a 3300 to the ONS ports extension, and recieve secondary dial-tone like I'd expect. I can then dial a 5000 4-digit extension number, it rings and can be answered.

However, when I dial the SIP trunk port from a 5000 phone, I get secondary dial-tone and enter a 3300 extension number, it immediately goes busy and displays "Call Cannot be Completed"

This is my first time playing with an AudioCodes unit, and the 5000 config instructions seem to be incomplete. Any ideas?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
As much as I would like to give you a hand, I have never connected a SIP Gateway by any manufacturer to the 5000. Hopefully one of the other users here has some experience with this. Sorry.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10