Author Topic: MSL SMTP Server  (Read 16977 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MSL SMTP Server
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 09:44:06 AM »
I think you are over doing this, just blank the SMTP email in MSL as well, that will cause it to do MX record lookup and delivery directly from the MSL server (it acts as a relay server), so instead of sending via gmail, it will send it directly from the MSL server. I also usually change SMTP email injection restrictions to Accept only from local networks

Offline Navarre

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »
Problem is I still get an error when trying to send an outbound email: "delivery 1: deferral: Connected_to_127.0.0.1_but_greeting_failed./Remote_host_said:_451_Upstream_SMTP_server_not_available/"

Is there not a patch from Mitel available to fix the smtp-auth-proxy to handle AAAA records properly?

Offline messenger

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »
I think you are over doing this, just blank the SMTP email in MSL as well, that will cause it to do MX record lookup and delivery directly from the MSL server (it acts as a relay server), so instead of sending via gmail, it will send it directly from the MSL server. I also usually change SMTP email injection restrictions to Accept only from local networks

If you use the MSL server as relay to send to Gmail, does it avoid the "send limit"  on number of emails  that the NuPoint docs talk about?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10