Author Topic: Work Timer  (Read 7124 times)

test_bench

Work Timer
« on: July 27, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
Hi All,

Is there a way to set a work timer after outbound calls? The work timer setting for our ACD agents only seems to take affect after answering an inbound call.

Regards,
TB

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Work Timer
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:23:58 AM »
I believe that the work timers only works for calls that hit the ACD queue.   By definition, that will not include outbound calls.  Easiest thing to do would be to add a make busy button on the phone and toggle it on/off.

Ralph

test_bench

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »
Hi Ralph,

Is there some way to automatically toggle it on/off after an outound call? The operators have a Make Busy button but if they dont press it before the call ends, they get a new inbound call straight away.

Thanks,
TB

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:27:45 AM »
No there isn't a way that I know of to toggle MB automatically when a user making an outbound call.   Although it would occure to me that it must be possible for someone to write a server app that do something like that.   Perhaps a HCI app that would put the phone in DND when making / receiving an outbound call and then removing it after X seconds.   The problem would be finding someone who could build the app.  Dunno.

Ralph

test_bench

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:44:19 PM »
Doh!

Offline mcjannetm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 07:49:37 AM »
Apologies for bumping an old thread but thought I'd share a work-around we have put in place.

We have configured an extension to route through to the IQ and play a message then terminate.
The message is simply 45 seconds long with a beep to start and a beep at the end.

We have programmed a key for the extension so when agents make an outbound call they can hang up and then hit the speedcall, 45 seconds later once the message has been played the agent will then be available again.

I know this will tie up ports however we're currently looking to use this on a small scale and monitor usage / abuse

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
Cool solution.   Thanks for sharing that.   

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:07 AM »
Apologies for bumping an old thread but thought I'd share a work-around we have put in place.

We have configured an extension to route through to the IQ and play a message then terminate.
The message is simply 45 seconds long with a beep to start and a beep at the end.

We have programmed a key for the extension so when agents make an outbound call they can hang up and then hit the speedcall, 45 seconds later once the message has been played the agent will then be available again.

I know this will tie up ports however we're currently looking to use this on a small scale and monitor usage / abuse
Nice! I like it!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10