Author Topic: Dual Forking with RCC  (Read 3816 times)

smithgregg

Dual Forking with RCC
« on: February 26, 2009, 01:40:39 PM »
I am not myself a Mitel pro or consultant but am working with on right now and could use some help from the forums. We are in the last planning stages of a Office Communications Server deployment. We have jumped through a number of hoops, overcome a lot and redesigned many things but i think we are close. Save this one thing:

Our ultimate goal is to have each remote and office-based worker with a DID number. We want all goodness of presence of RCC and have that going. What we want for the remote workers is for them to be be able to answer using the softphone.

We are on the latest revisons of the 3300 and the Live Busienss gateway and i think we only have RCC working. regardless of the Preferred Device when clicking answer in OCS client it always uses the handset.

After looking at the Dual Forking with RCC page on the Mitel site it seems like we might need to use Unifioed Communicator (MobileX) to do this.

Can anyone confirm if Unified Communictor is required for Dual Forking with RCC? If not what might we be missing that is causing all call s to be answerd through handset? Do OCS Clients have to have a unique number assigned to them and then forked or can we jsut use a global number?

Anyone have details because what is out there is not very informative.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10