Author Topic: Mitel 3300 Call Recording - Setup announcement prior to call coming through  (Read 31647 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your help guys.

acejavelin you were right I was referring to 4 handsets sorry Ralph not 4DN sets.

Thanks again

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the help on this.

I made 7042 the hunt group and added 4 members 7012,7013,7014,7015. Can you just advice what these 4 members actually do? do they expand the 7042's Hunt group voice mail box capacity so it can hold more recordings?

Thanks again.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
No, essentially that is the number of recording channels that can be in us at one time... if you have 4 extensions in your recorder hunt group, 4 users can actively be using Record-A-Call simultaneously, if a 5th one attempts it they will get an error message.

The capacity of the embedded system is limited to about 150 hours of storage, and this includes record calls, voicemail messages, and greetings combined, so if you have people recording a lot, this can get full quickly... 4 people recording an hour every day, 5 days a week, and your VM will be full in 2 months so remember to delete these regularly or setup voice mail to email and force delete them. Also note that each individual mailbox has a maximum capacity of 100 messages/recordings.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:30:07 AM by acejavelin »

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Hi,

Thanks very much for the update.

Just one more query! The 4 users that are in the record a call COS. I would like their line manager to be able to have access to the voice recordings. Do I need to make changes to add her phone or can she just dial the 7042 voice mail and listen to them?

Thanks in advance

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
No, she would dial the regular VM hunt group number, dial *<mailbox number> and put in that mailbox's passcode. The recordings don't go into a general recordings area, they are in a the user's voice mailbox, so if the manager wants to access those recordings, he will need to log into the individual mailboxes and listen to them.

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
you need to create  a hunt group of type recorder with any number as the pilot
Then add the embedded voicemail ports into it

eg if you have vmpilot of 8000 with members 8001,8002,8003,8004
- make a new pilot 8040 as recorder and add 8001,8002,8003,8004 into it

Also the system must be licensed for advanced voicemail for recording

it used to be a charged license but has been free since ver 9 ( i think)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10