Author Topic: UCA shows an incorrect contact when receiving a call.  (Read 2842 times)

Offline cats

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UCA shows an incorrect contact when receiving a call.
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:59:15 PM »
Hi again!

This has happened twice for just one user in the office. When she got a call, the UCA call box popped up showing an internal contact while the call had in fact originated from outside the company. She then called the internal contact and made sure that they did not ring her nor forwarded any calls to her.

I have no idea how this can be happening or how to troubleshoot it, since it has only happened twice in 4 months and no one else has had a similar issue.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: UCA shows an incorrect contact when receiving a call.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »
It might be related to outlook contacts.  The wrong number with The wrong contact syncd with uca might so that.  Just a guess. 

from my Evo 4G via Tapatalk

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
This sounds the same as one I answered a few weeks back, Your Trunk numbers are clashing with your internal extension numbers.
Check All trunk numbers and ensure none of them are the same as any dn's

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:41:34 AM »
oo thats a good warning about DN's clashing from Trunks and Extensions.  I'll have to note that one.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »
I think I vaguely remember seeing something about this being an issue in UCA 4, but fixed in 5. I'll have to have a look again.

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 05:23:27 PM »
It could also be a simple case of a user entering the wrong inforamation in their profile. 

We just had a complaint that when a specific external number was called it always popped up UCA showing that the call was to a specific internal user.  That user had for some reason gone under their UCA account and added the external number as one of their personal numbers.  Since UCA sees this entry anytime that number was dialed, it was showing the name and picture of the user.

Check the user contact information for that internal user and make sure that external number isn't entered as a personal number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10