Author Topic: Routing calls from 3300 to Mitel 6510 Messaging Server  (Read 5040 times)

Offline ppresley

• View Profile
Routing calls from 3300 to Mitel 6510 Messaging Server
« on: November 06, 2012, 09:16:20 AM »
I have a 3300 controller configured to route unanswered calls to the Mitel 6510 Messaging Server.  This is working fine.  Presently all calls - any time of day and night are routed to the 6510.  I need to configure a couple of hunt groups to be able to route calls to the 6510 after hours, holidays, and weekends only.  These areas want the phone to ring until someone answers and never go to voicemail in the day time (during working hours).  I cannot determine where to begin changing configurations.

If this is a 6510 issue, then I apologize in advance for not posting to the correct area.  I am just uncertain as to where the configuration changes should be made.  Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Routing calls from 3300 to Mitel 6510 Messaging Server
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »
The answer kind of depends....
If the calls come through the 6510 auto attendant 1st then the time of day routing can be handled there.
If the calls ring directly to the hunt group then edit the Call Routing form, find the hunt group pilot number and (making some assumptions here) you can put a '2' in the night1 and night2 columns.   If you want the call to ring to VM on RNA then put a '2' in the 1st alternative column.   
This assumes a couple of things but primarily that you put your system into night mode after hours.  If you don't then you will have to put the hunt groups into DND manually (remote DND).

Ralph

Offline ppresley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
Thanks Ralph for the information.

I have found the call route form and understand what you are saying about day, night1, night2, etc., but have another question.  What defines day, night1, and night2?  For example what hours does day include?

I am attaching a sample of the form.

Please give me your thoughts.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »
Day/Night1/Night2 is a "mode" of the system itself.

This mode can be controlled manually via a feature access code, or depending on your system version via a maintenance schedule.

Offline ppresley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »
I have tested the Day/Night1/Night2, but cannot figure out what hours are associated with each mode.  I need to understand when each mode is in use so that I can make certain it meets the needs of our various departments.

If I understand bluewhite4, then I should be able to set the hours using a feature access code.  If I create a feature access code, where do I put this code in the overall configuration?

Thanks again for all your help.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 04:03:05 PM »
Feature codes are not a "time based" operation.
To put the system into night mode via feature codes, when you want to go to day mode, you dial a feature code at the time you want to be in day mode- every time someone has to put the system in day mode.  It doesn't do it via a clock.

Same with night modes.   You have to switch services manually.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Routing calls from 3300 to Mitel 6510 Messaging Server
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »
Actually depending on the version of the system, the Maintenance schedule could be used to automatically change the day/night mode of the system. One event each day for day-mode and a second event each day for night-mode.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10